Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Recent Survivor

I am a recent survivor of R (less than 3 months), and I'm hoping to find people who can understand what I'm going through.  I'm in therapy and I'm trying to find creative outlets in art and writing, but I'm still struggling to cope.

13 minutes ago, TattooedTeacher said:

I am a recent survivor of R (less than 3 months), and I'm hoping to find people who can understand what I'm going through.  I'm in therapy and I'm trying to find creative outlets in art and writing, but I'm still struggling to cope.

Safe hugs :hug: if okay?

you've came to the right place plenty of people that are likely to understand exactly. I have been through it too your not alone hang in there yeah :) .

free

44 minutes ago, TattooedTeacher said:

You will find lots of support here, I am so sorry for what you went through.  I am a recent survivor of r* also.  It is a hard battle, but we are all here for you, safe hugs if ok :hug:

I am so sorry to hear of your recent attack :(.  I wish you had not had such a traumatic crime against you, but I'm glad you found AS (After Silence) as a resource that I hope can be a small part of the kind and compassionate support you deserve to heal from what brought you here.  

I am glad you are in therapy and are using arts and writing to help you cope.  It's understandable that it is still a struggle sometimes to deal with this horrific crime, and again I hope that the people of AS can help you as you work to heal. 

Strength to you and welcome to AS :hi:

4 hours ago, TattooedTeacher said:

I am very sorry for what brought you here, but you've found a great site. AS is a very supportive and non judgmental community, we literally talk about everything. Ive found more healing through AS than through my therapists, but that's probably because I can't talk about it with them. You've taken huge strides towards healing already, you're incredibly brave for reaching out so soon. So many safe hugs if that's okay!

Hello and welcome to AS. I'm sorry to hear about the horrible and recent crime commited against you. There are plenty of supportive and friendly people here on AS that will be able to relate and help you through. You are doing good for yourself by taking such big steps toward healing getting a therapist and joining AS are not easy for everyone, even putting up your first post is huge.

Welcome @TattooedTeacher to AS. I am sorry you have been treated cruelly so recently. You'll find a lot of understanding here that is hard to find elsewhere. I do hope that therapy has been helpful (it is for me personally) and I relate to using creative means to cope. We have a section here called Healing Through Creativity you might like to check out. :aswelcomesu::supportu:

Hello and welcome, I'm sorry for what's brought you here but I hope you will find helpful supportive people, information and similar experiences. I hope that you feel safe here and are able to express whatever you need to.:notalone:

On 9/27/2017 at 11:33 PM, TattooedTeacher said:

Welcome to AS!  I am so sorry for the recent R you’ve endured.  You will find that many people here can relate. You will not find any judgement here just understanding. Wishing you the best in your healing journey. 

PB 

On 9/27/2017 at 11:33 PM, TattooedTeacher said:

Hi TattooedTeacher,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for your recent trauma, but you will find tons of support here at AS. I wish you the best as you walk down your healing path.

Mary

:notalone: 

So sorry for what happened to you, but I think you will find a loving a safe community here.  My trauma was almost nine years ago, but I only joined recently (and I wish I had joined a lot sooner).  I think you will find a loving and safe community with lots of resources available when you need them. 

Edited by goldraindrops