Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Member im pretty nervous

Alimanu

Hello guys,

Im 19 my sexual abuse started when I was 14. I have recently finished therapy and I hope that this community will continue to be a safe place for me. I am nervous to be judged I have had a goal for my abuse not to make me who I am. I hope to help others I love being a listening ear! I can't wait to speak to others and know I am not alone. :)

Just now, Alimanu said:

Hello guys,

Im 19 my sexual abuse started when I was 14. I have recently finished therapy and I hope that this community will continue to be a safe place for me. I am nervous to be judged I have had a goal for my abuse not to make me who I am. I hope to help others I love being a listening ear! I can't wait to speak to others and know I am not alone. :)

Hello Alimanu,

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry for the trauma you've experienced.  You will find that everyone here is safe, friendly, supportive and there is no judgement at all. Your not alone here and many can relate.  Take your time to look around. You can say as much or as little as you like and best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB ( Dee )

Welcome to After Silence,  It's okay to be nervous, its a big step to join a community like this.  We are all here for you and i hope being here will help you.

please get in touch if you need anything,

take care, Paula :aswelcomesu:

4 hours ago, Alimanu said:

Hello guys,

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry about the trauma that brought you here. Glad to hear you want to dig in and support others thats huge! We have lots of supportive members and I'm glad to welcome you to As today.

On 9/23/2017 at 11:45 AM, Alimanu said:

Hello guys,

Hi Alimanu, welcome to AS. I am glad you have had some therapy and I hope it was helpful. I was also abused in my teenage years.  People here will not judge you because we understand. I hope you feel less alone already and know we are here for you. :notalone:

On 9/23/2017 at 10:45 AM, Alimanu said:

Hello guys,

Welcome here :)  This is a great site.  I don't post alot but I do get on and read some.  Everyone here is super helpful and supportive.

On 9/23/2017 at 10:45 AM, Alimanu said:

Hello guys,

Welcome. Anything you need, it's here.  -POM

On 9/23/2017 at 11:45 AM, Alimanu said:

Hello guys,

Hi Alimanu,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for what you went thru, but you will find tons of support here on AS. I wish you the best as you journey down your healing path.

Mary

:supportu: 

On 23.9.2017 at 5:45 PM, Alimanu said:

Hello guys,

Hi Alimanu,

I can imagine how nervous you are. I just remember the first time I wrote in forum like this. But it´s really helpful. Here are many nice and gentle people who understand.  :wave::notalone::aswelcomesu:

Hi!

I send you a warm welcome and lots of well wishes! Congratulations on finishing therapy, it is a very difficult feat! I don't know you but I am proud of all you have got through! Remember to try to be gentle and caring towards yourself, despite anxious or negative thoughts, although it is a lot harder done than said :flowers: