Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here

Sonder11

Hello, I am new to this. All of this. I am a survivor. I feel silly for being scared, but I am making the decision to "lean into the discomfort." My hopes are that I find the strength and support to finally face this and be able to support others along the way. 

Welcome to AS, your decision to

14 minutes ago, Sonder11 said:

"lean into the discomfort."

shows great strength. AS is a supportive and understanding community. Hoping you find everything you need to succeed in your healing.

1 hour ago, Sonder11 said:

Hello, I am new to this. All of this. I am a survivor. I feel silly for being scared, but I am making the decision to "lean into the discomfort." My hopes are that I find the strength and support to finally face this and be able to support others along the way. 

Welcome to AS!  I'm sorry for what you've endured. Scared is a normal reaction when joining something new.  For me joining I was terrified and took me several weeks to join here. No reason for you to feel silly for being scared.  You will find support, understanding, caring people here and there is no judgement here as well.  Feel free to say as much or as little as you like.  Take your time look around the forums. Wishing you the best on your healing journey. 

PB

Hi Sonder,

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry you have a reason to be here, but know that you will find tons of support. No only is it normal to be nervous at first, it is so understandable! It is very courageous to reach out and "lean into the discomfort", but do understand, we've been there. It's hard to start something new, especially if it is something that effects you so deeply.  You don't know us or the site well yet, but comfort does come. Take your time, no pressure. I wish you the best on this healing journey.

Mary

On 9/17/2017 at 7:42 AM, Sonder11 said:

Welcome to AS! Don't feel silly. I wish you well on your journey of healing. You have already shown you have strength to move forward just by coming to AS. I hope you find the continued support you need to heal. Safe hugs if ok :hug:

On 9/17/2017 at 6:42 AM, Sonder11 said:

Welcom to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but you can heal. I look forward to seeing you around

One