Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New

charlix

Hello, my name is Charli and I've recently decided that I should probably start talking about the things I've been ignoring/suppressing since childhood. I'm very excited to make some healthy, positive relationships with people who can relate to me and hopefully this forum will be a great way for me to start recovery :-)

Hi Charli,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced as a child, but you have found a very supportive site. What happened to you was wrong, and I hope you know that you are not to blame. It is a very big step to reach out to others, so I would like to acknowledge that accomplishment. I wish you nothing but the best as you begin your journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

10 hours ago, charlix said:

Hello, my name is Charli and I've recently decided that I should probably start talking about the things I've been ignoring/suppressing since childhood. I'm very excited to make some healthy, positive relationships with people who can relate to me and hopefully this forum will be a great way for me to start recovery :-)

Welcome to AS Charli!  I'm sorry for the trauma you've experienced as a child. You've a supportive site and everyone here are understanding, caring people.  Take your time say as much or as little as you like.  Best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB

On 9/16/2017 at 9:07 PM, charlix said:

Welcome to AS. Sorry you have a reason to be here. Its good to see that you already see AS as a good way to start your recovery. 

One

Hi Charli!  Welcome to AS!  This is a great place to start your journey toward healing.  The support and insight from other members can make a HUGE difference.  You don't have to go through this alone anymore.  I've been around awhile, and have seen so many close friendships develop.  In fact, I met one of my very closest friends here.

Take your time looking around, and post whenever you want or feel able.  YOU are in control of your words - you get to decide exactly what you need or want to say, and when you say it, who you say it to... AS is all about regaining a sense of control and safety in life. 

I look forward to getting to know you.  :)