Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Giving this a try after a long time in private therapy

jgb92660

Hi All. As my title states, I am new to this after one on one therapy. I hope to connect with others and share my story. (repeatedly molested by an Uncle over 3 year period). I am really looking forward to possible feedback. I am honest and open about my past abuse. I don't know what to do next, but I wanted to say hi!

Hi jgb, welcome to AS. Many of us have been and are in T. This is a place where we can share and know we are not alone. I am sorry for what your uncle did to you, you will find we use the term CSA ( child  sexually abuse ) so if you see it you will  know what we are talking about. I was also abused by my father.

Take your time looking over the site.

Patricia

Welcome to AS, I'm sorry your uncle did that to you. Take your time looks around meet all of the wonderful people here on AS if you want to. Like Patricag said lot of us are or have been in therapy. Many have been victims of csa. We are all in different places on the journey towards healing, but we all share and support one another. I hope you find AS as helpful as myself and many other have found it.

One

4 hours ago, jgb92660 said:

Hi All. As my title states, I am new to this after one on one therapy. I hope to connect with others and share my story. (repeatedly molested by an Uncle over 3 year period). I am really looking forward to possible feedback. I am honest and open about my past abuse. I don't know what to do next, but I wanted to say hi!

Welcome to AS! I'm sorry for what your uncle has done to you.  Was so very wrong what he had done. Take you time look around say as much or as little as you like. Best wishes on your healing journey. 

Painnbroken

Hello and welcome to AS! I am glad you've found therapy helpful and feel open to sharing, this community is very supportive. I think what I like about it in addition to my therapy is that it helps with feeling isolated;  people here really 'get it', because we have been through it, can relate to each other,  and even though our stories are all different we tend to have a lot in common in terms of the day to day struggle to heal and overcome triggers, manage relationships, ptsd symptoms, emotional problems etc.  I'm sorry for the trauma you endured and hope that being here helps in your healing. :notalone:

19 hours ago, jgb92660 said:

Hi jgb,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you endured by someone who should have been a trusted family member. I am sorry he hurt you. You will find tons of support here on AS, as we have the most understanding and kind members. Take your time to look around is the best next step, and when you are ready, feel free to respond to others or start your own posts. There is no timeline and no pressure. I wish you the best on this healing journey.

Mary

:supportu: 

Welcome to AS

I am so sorry for the abuse you had to go through . I have CSA for 9 years by a very very close family member in my home . you found a supportive strong place with no judgement and there is always someone here to chat when you need or want to . 

Welcome to AS

On 9/10/2017 at 0:47 AM, jgb92660 said:

oh my gosh! I am touched and a little emotional for the positive messages. I think this site will be helpful for me, and I hope my experience can help others. Any ideas where to start??

Hi @jgb92660 Welcome to AS! I'm so sorry for the trauma you endured by a trusted family member. I know what that is like :( I am fairly new to AS as well and still just browse the forums trying to find my way.

On where to start, browse the Rules and Guidelines. Read the "Abbreviations Commonly Used in AS" (it's pinned at the top of "Public Welcome").  Both "Share Your Story" and the chat function need at least 10 Posts from you in any other forum  to be able to access them. People like to post in Humor and Silliness to sometimes get to 10 or just to meet people that are just silly or take their mind off of stuff.

There are a lot of places you may or may not find that you fit in, not everyone's story is the same, but we can all relate. We are all victims of a horrible trauma and we are trying to help each other. Every one is safe here. I hope you find what you are looking for. Safe hugs if ok :hug: