Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

20 hours ago, Confusedfred said:

Hi y'all

I'm Fred, and I recently started grappling with being a sexual abuse survivor, even though it happened years ago. I hope being here will help me understand more what happened  and connect with other people who are healing too. 

Hello Fred,

Welcome to AS sir!  I'm sorry for trauma you've experienced.  You will find understanding folks here. Take your time and look around. Say has much or as little as you like. You've found a safe supportive site here.  Many can relate.  Wishing the very best in you healing journey. 

PB 

Edited by Painnbroken
Spelling

Hi Fred.

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry for the trauma you experienced, but you have found a very supportive site. You will find many understanding and kind members here. Understanding can be difficult, but do know that no abuse is ever right. You did nothing wrong, someone else did. You are not alone on this healing path and I wish you the best on this journey.

Mary

:supportu: 

sorry for the trama that brought you here no one should have to go through that 

here you will have support and someone to talk to when needed 

WELCOME TO AS

Hi @Confusedfred welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma you endured. Everyone here is at different stages of healing and a lot of us are dealing with things that happened many years ago. You're in the right place. :aswelcomesu::youcanheal:

Hi @Confusedfred, and welcome. I'm sorry for what you are struggling with and I hope that you find lots of support and connection here with others who can relate. Many of us are dealing with trauma that happened a long time ago, so you are not alone in that. Feel free to share as much as little as you like here, go at your own pace as it can be triggering sometimes, and have a look around. :notalone:

Hi and welcome @Confusedfred I'm sorry about what happened years ago that trauma has a way of sneaking up on ya later. Lots of supportive folks here on as that have been through Simalar stuff, we are all on different places on the path to healing so its kind of fun to watch all the help from all different levels. I hope you know you can heal.

One

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2017 at 7:44 PM, Confusedfred said:

Hi y'all

I'm Fred, and I recently started grappling with being a sexual abuse survivor, even though it happened years ago. I hope being here will help me understand more what happened  and connect with other people who are healing too. 

Welcome to AS! I am sorry for the trauma you have gone through. Regardless of how long ago it was, it doesn't lessen the pain. I am still struggling with mine and it was over 40 years ago when the abuse started. I hope you find the answers you need to help you heal. I wish you well. Safe hugs if ok :hug: