Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

First step to moving on, hopefully

eludf7

Hi,
I was assaulted a few months ago. I am hoping this forum will help me come to terms with what happened to me and maybe give me the courage to ring up Rape Crisis... I don't even know how I would start a conversation over the phone and I suppose that's why I'm here.

5 minutes ago, eludf7 said:

Hi,
I was assaulted a few months ago. I am hoping this forum will help me come to terms with what happened to me and maybe give me the courage to ring up Rape Crisis... I don't even know how I would start a conversation over the phone and I suppose that's why I'm here.

Hello eludf7,

Welcome to After Silence!  I'm so sorry that you were assaulted. You've found a supportive place here that is safe. The people here are very helpful, kind and supportive.  You will also find that there is no judgement here.  You aren't alone here and many can relate.  Take your time look around. Say as much or as little as you like there is no pressure here. Sitting with you and sending my support to you.  

Its nerve racking when it comes to calling the Rape Crisis Center. My advice to you on that in my experience is it's not easy just take your time talking to them when you are ready to do so.  They are there for you and will help you though this.  Tell you don't know where to start or how to even say what you need to say. I'm wishing best wishes through this and also on your healing journey as well. 

PB

4 hours ago, eludf7 said:

Hi,

Hi eludf7,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you suffered a few months ago. Nobody ever has the right to hurt another this way. You will find tons of support from our many understanding and kind members. You are not alone. I agree with Painnbroken on the best approach to calling a rape crisis center. They do understand when someone calls and are hesitant, nervous, and hurting. They will help you. Also, just to add, if you are more comfortable doing an online version, instead of actually speaking, rainn.org has a online hotline for those who prefer it. Whatever you decide, do know that you will be supported here. I do wish you the very best on beginning your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome to AS, I hope you become more comfortable opening up here and eventualy be able to call the R center. The first time I called and was connected I just sat there with tears rolling down my cheeks and I hung up. The second time I actually talked... Sort of. These are all big steps, I'm happy for you for reaching out. Safe hugs.

@eludf7 welcome to AS. Lots of supportive people here. I'm sorry for your trauma, no one deserves to be hurt like that. I'm very sorry. You can heal and you have hope. I have never called the rape crisis center and not likely too even with a t that seems really far out for me, I hope that if thats something you need to do that you can get there I'll support you anyway I can.

One

Welcome to After Silence @eludf7! I am sorry you were assaulted months ago. 

When I first called a rape crisis line, I told them straight up I had no idea what I was doing or how to talk, just that I needed to talk to someone who understands. Every little step counts. I'm glad you joined this forum. There are so many lovely people who are supportive here. Hope you will find comfort and support here :notalone::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

@eludf7 welcome to AS, I found rape crisis really helpful they know and are used to people haing difficulty putting it into word, I did not find out about AS for a long time

after that and it is a godsend,  sorry that you have been assaulted and it is brave of you reaching out on this forum.

:youcanheal: this is a great site with wonderfully understanding kind brave members and all the other positive adjectives applies to the members here too.

On 31/08/2017 at 6:36 PM, eludf7 said:

Hi,

hi  ludf7 

welcoem to this amazing site   you will get  lots of support here   rape crisis are  really nice and nderstand  i am  nearly finishign my counciling  with them