Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hi everyone, thought I'd just say hi. I was unfortunately assaulted a few months ago and developed PTSD as a result. I recently started attending counselling at a rape crisis center and found this forum while searching for resources and I hope it'll help me cope.

I hope you all have a good week xx

Hi Missbasilisk,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what happened to you a few months ago. Nobody has the right to hurt you this way. I am also sorry you are now struggling, but it is very brave to reach out to rape crisis and to find support here with us. You will find tons of support from many understanding and kind members. I wish you the best as you begin your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone: 

:aswelcomesu: I am so sorry this happened to you but I am glad to know you're getting counselling and decided to join this site. What happened to you was not your fault and you have every right to your feelings. PTSD can be difficult but it can be managed easier with the counselling you're doing, you have someone who you can talk to who probably knows about all the long term effects. I wish you support and comfort. :supportu:

On 8/27/2017 at 1:38 PM, Missbasilisk said:

Hi everyone, thought I'd just say hi. I was unfortunately assaulted a few months ago and developed PTSD as a result. I recently started attending counselling at a rape crisis center and found this forum while searching for resources and I hope it'll help me cope.

I hope you all have a good week xx

Welcome to AS. I am sorry to hear about the recent trauma. Glad you found AS. Congradulations on taking that fist big step and introducing yourself.

Have a great week

One

Welcome to AS . I am very sorry for the pain and trama that brought you heŕe 

you have found a strong supportive place if you need to talk 

we are all here for you