Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Breaking my silence

I am survivor of a 15 years of lying and deception and I am finally finding my voice and sharing my experience and speaking out after being bottled up inside for all of that time not knowing what was happeneing as it was happening and going crazy because I could not understand. I am finally beginning to see what was happening and its effect on me and I am here to share, release, let go so that I can begin living my life in a new hope and light for the future, and I am also here to support others because I know what it is like to go through  this painful journey. And no one would understand unless they walked your shoes. I am so grateful to find this site. Thank you for having me here and for creating this site of hope for all of us

Edited by Hopenlight
52 minutes ago, Hopenlight said:

I am survivor of a 15 years of lying and deception and I am finally finding my voice and sharing my experience and speaking out after being bottled up inside for all of that time not knowing what was happeneing as it was happening and going crazy because I could not understand. I am finally beginning to see what was happening and its effect on me and I am here to share, release, let go so that I can begin living my life in a new hope and light for the future, and I am also here to support others because I know what it is like to go through  this painful journey. And no one would understand unless they walked your shoes. I am so grateful to find this site. Thank you for having me here and for creating this site of hope for all of us

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry for what you have endured for 15 yrs. good for you finding your voice.  You will find that everyone here is friendly, supportiuuve and there is no judgement at all. Your not alone here and many can relate.  Take your time to look around and best wishes on your healing journey.  

PB

@Hopenlight welcome and this is a site of hope,:loveas: and I know you :notalone: and can heal. I am so glad you found your voice.

finding this site and the wonderful people on here has been a blessing. :ThankYou:AS  and the courageous wonderful members.

6 hours ago, Hopenlight said:

Welcome to AS! Sorry you bottled it up too, I didn't go 15 years (more like 10) before my proverbial bottle broke but I totally wanted to tell you how brave you are breaking your silence, and talking about it. Posting here was a giant first step, I'm proud of you for it. Lots of supportive people lots of understanding here.  I'm looking forward to seeing your post.

Hi Hope,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry of the 15 years of trauma you have endured. Nobody has that right to hurt you. I am happy that you found focus for what was happening and are now trying to face the wrong done to you. It is a very brave and big step to reach out to others, and I am glad you found us. This is a survivor supporting survivor site, so we will be happy to support you, and be glad to have you supporting us. I wish you the best on this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

I hope I didn't misread that about 15 years, but either way I support you and I wanted to tell you your not alone.:blush:

7 hours ago, Hopenlight said:

welcome hope, I hope you get the solace and comfort and support you need while you're here. don't feel pressed to share your story before you're ready though.

Thank you all for your comforting words. It brings warmth to my heart and healing to know that others understand and have been through something similar. It's hard for me to start but I will start and I am determined not to let the past ruin my future and what lies ahead.

11 hours ago, Hopenlight said:

Hi Hope welcome to AS. It is hard to find your voice but I am glad you found it. You will find lots of support here and you are not alone.

Patricia

@Hopenlight Welcome! Can I first say that I like your screen name? It's uplifting. :)

I am very sorry for all you've endured. Glad though that you are finding your voice and coming here to share and support. It's common to find it difficult to start but take a look around the site, become familiarized with it as you go. There's no obligation in sharing your story or how to, that is completely up to you. Some here don't share their story for months or years and that is okay. You can heal, and you deserve community support. 

On 8/21/2017 at 6:14 PM, Oneinamillion said:

I hope I didn't misread that about 15 years, but either way I support you and I wanted to tell you your not alone.:blush:

No you didn't misread it. It's true. 15 years that I am soo ready to put behind and start a new :)))

Edited by Hopenlight

Welcome to AS! It sounds like you found your voice again and are finally able to face this head on. I am so happy for you! I wish you well on your journey to heal. Thank you for sharing and the support you'll be able to offer others. Safe hugs if ok :hug: