Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

hiya

hello everyone. here after countless hours of searching for a safe space to vent. was assaulted by my uncle when i was 6 or 7 years old. all of my memories just resurfaced a few months ago... still having trouble accepting them. it even felt weird to say i was assaulted as i'm struggling a lot with self doubt. anyways i'm glad to find this place where hopefully i can find support. thanks for reading.

Hello @blanket,

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry for what you're uncle had done to you. He had no right to harm you in anyway. I can relate to stuff resurfacing and not know how to handle anything. I'm at that right now.  You will find that everyone here is friendly, supportive and there is no judgement at all. Your not alone here and many can relate.  Take your time to look around and best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB

Hi blanket,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you suffered and are struggling with resurfacing memories. Memory issues are actually common, but they can still causes issues, I know. You have found a safe and supportive site with many understanding members. I wish you the best as you take steps down your healing path.

Mary

:notalone: 

Welcome @blanket. Nice to meet you even though your here like the rest of us because of trauma you've survived. Feel free to vent about what he did to you, read others post laugh cry get involved stay quiet whatever you need to do, to heal. I'm sorry about what he did to you when you were a child you didn't deserve that safe hugs if ok.

One

HI Blanket welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for what you have been through. It's hard to deal with abuse from our childhood, the sad part is many here know how you are feeling. :notalone:

On 8/17/2017 at 1:12 PM, blanket said:

hello everyone. here after countless hours of searching for a safe space to vent. was assaulted by my uncle when i was 6 or 7 years old. all of my memories just resurfaced a few months ago... still having trouble accepting them. it even felt weird to say i was assaulted as i'm struggling a lot with self doubt. anyways i'm glad to find this place where hopefully i can find support. thanks for reading.

Hi there and welcome. I'm so glad you found this site to talk about what happened. Remembering things years after they happened is really hard. Self doubt is unfortunately very common. I hope you find the support you are looking for :aswelcomesu::youcanheal:

Hi Blanket! Welcome to AS!! I hope you'll find this is a safe place with a lot of helpful people. I wish you well on your journey to heal. Safe hugs if ok :hug: