Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New and Not So New

Hello.  I am new here.  My husband actually found this place for me.  I was r**** twenty years ago.  I never dealt with it, just closed it away in my head and now it is resurfacing in very realistic dreams.  I am experiencing anxiety, sadness, anger, etc.  I have never even read any information about it.  It has always just been easier to not deal with it, pretend it didn't even happen.  Well, now my brain is forcing me to deal with it.  I don't even know where to start, how to talk about it, how to let all that was repressed come forward.  Any help/tips is appreciated.  Thanks everyone.

Hi trying,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you suffered 20 years ago. Nobody had the right to do this to you. You have found a very supportive site, tho. The members are truly understanding and kind. Many of us, including me, came to AS in the same way. Trying to deny what we went thru, until our minds wouldn't allows us to. I think we probably have always felt the struggles, but wouldn't allow ourselves to admit there was a connection...at least that is how I see it for me now. I am very glad your husband cares and supports you and I am glad he found this site for you. I know it can be difficult to talk about and hard to know where to start. My suggestion would be to take your time and look around. When you are comfortable, reply to someone else, or start a topic yourself. Your healing journey is your journey, so do take it at your own pace. You will never experience pressure or judgment. I do wish you the best on your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

Welcome to AS. I'm so sorry for the trauma you experienced earlier in life as well as,what you are facing now. This is not easy to deal with. As @MeBeMary said many of us here on AS tried to stuff it down cause its easier to pretend it didn't happen then admit to ourselves that it did or really to anyone else too. Your husband seems to be a good guy to have found this site for you :up:.  There are a lot of things you can do to when you get to this point your at, reaching out is a great first step and is often the most difficult so Congradulations for taking that giant leap. Welcome to AS again and make yourself at home take you time dont try to rush.

One

Edited by Oneinamillion
1 hour ago, tryingtoheal2 said:

Hello.  I am new here.  My husband actually found this place for me.  I was r**** twenty years ago.  I never dealt with it, just closed it away in my head and now it is resurfacing in very realistic dreams.  I am experiencing anxiety, sadness, anger, etc.  I have never even read any information about it.  It has always just been easier to not deal with it, pretend it didn't even happen.  Well, now my brain is forcing me to deal with it.  I don't even know where to start, how to talk about it, how to let all that was repressed come forward.  Any help/tips is appreciated.  Thanks everyone.

Hi TTH2 welcome to AS. As many have said it is hard when we deal with things that happened years ago but you found a site where many understand how you are feeling and you are not alone here.

I noticed on your profile that it says secondary Survivor, it sounds to me you are  a survivor as the R*** happened to you.

Patricia

Welcome to AS

Hope the healing process goes smoothly for you.

i emphatise with your situation, here at AS we will provide as much support as possible. Be mirrors of your thoughts and provide love to heal your pain....listen to your hurting heart do what it needs... one day at a time...

❤️ Miko

Welcome, I am sorry that this is a difficult time for you. The aftermath can be really hard. You're among people who are supportive and caring. Sometimes reading of other survivors' stories and being able to say "me too" helps to break that feeling of being alone. Our stories are unique and the way we all deal with the abuse/assault(s) can be varied, but we all have something in common. We are all strong survivors who deserve peace, healing, and kindness. I wish that to you. :notalone::youcanheal:

Welcome to AS. This is a great place for support. I'm still new here. As @fallenstar said, reading other stories helps break the feeling of loneliness. I still find myself browsing the different threads trying to find my strength and courage. I wish you well on your journey to heal. Safe hugs if ok :hug: