Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hesitant Introduction

Hello all. I'm a 21 year old female survivor. I've procrastinated joining for a few months but here I finally am. In the past I've had a hard time with online communities, since my story involves mild drug use most of the "help" I received from other forums was focused on that instead of what I was there to get support for. Communication is a very weak point for me but I've decided to find some place I can (hopefully) feel safe and open up a bit more.

:aswelcomesu: :youcanheal: :notalone: :bighug:

Drug use or not, no one has the right to touch you without your express permission.  I hope that you find here what you are looking for ie proper support

Welcome to After Silence.  I am so sorry you have a reason to be here, but I am glad that you found us. 

I think you will find the lack of judgment refreshing and the encouragement and support will give you strength. 

Welcome to AS @just_trying. I'm sorry for the reson that you are here. Please take your time look around you can say as much or as little as you like.  You will find support here and you will not be judged.  Best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB

7 hours ago, just_trying said:

Hello all. I'm a 21 year old female survivor. I've procrastinated joining for a few months but here I finally am. In the past I've had a hard time with online communities, since my story involves mild drug use most of the "help" I received from other forums was focused on that instead of what I was there to get support for. Communication is a very weak point for me but I've decided to find some place I can (hopefully) feel safe and open up a bit more.

Hi just_trying,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have endured, but you will find tons of support here. I am sorry drug use is part of your story, but please know we will support any struggle are comfortable in sharing, without judgment and without pressure. It is very difficult to reach out, so I do acknowledge your courage on this. Take your time and look around and know support waits you, when you are ready. I wish you the very best on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu: 

Welcome. You are so brave to try. Youve found a supportive group here, that will accept you no matter what youve been through without judgements. I know I avoided joining as well, its made a huge difference for me, I hope it helps you as much as its helped me.

One

Ps I support you.

Welcome  Just_trying 

I was the same way . did not open up about my S.A. for a very long time . here you can take things at your speed and say or ask what you want or nothing at all. you will find it very supportive and easy to communicate here

WELCOME

Hi @just_trying welcome to AS. I'm sorry you had a hard time in other online communities when trying to get support. Here you can talk about any aspect of what happened that you'd like to, and people here are not judgmental. Folks here are wonderful compassionate and empathetic. You are not alone!

On 8/13/2017 at 3:36 AM, just_trying said:

Welcome to AS! This is a very safe place. I'm sorry that you've had communication problems in the past. Please don't let that be a barrier for you. You are not alone here in your journey to heal. I am still new and finding my voice and strength. Each person has a slightly different story to tell but can relate to the trauma. In that, you will find a tremendous amount of support here. I wish you well. Safe hugs if ok :hug: