Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, 

This is my first post to any sort of support group. I'm not sure what I looking for but I know something has to change and I think support from others who have been there may help. 

Hi @charlie87 and welcome to AS :) I'm sorry for what you've been through, no one should have to need a site like this. You are right, having support from a community like this will be helpful, it has been for me. There's lots of support here and many many kind and caring members. Take the time you need to look around here and post when you are ready. I wish you all the best as you begin to heal from your trauma. :supportu::notalone:

9 hours ago, charlie87 said:

Hello, 

This is my first post to any sort of support group. I'm not sure what I looking for but I know something has to change and I think support from others who have been there may help. 

Hi Charlie,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you experienced and the struggles you face, but you have found a very supportive site. You will find the members understanding and kind. It takes great courage to acknowledge you need a change and reaching out is such a big step. Take your time and look around, and know that we are here for you. I wish you the best on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone: 

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal:

Hey welcome to After silence. I'm glad you made this huge step towards healing it may not feel like it but posting your first post is huge and the first of many positive steps towards healing.

@charlie87 Welcome to AS this is an amazing space. Great resources here and some pretty cool people that understand.

hope you get the change you need.:notalone::youcanheal:

On July 27, 2017 at 8:34 AM, charlie87 said:

Hello, 

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry for the trauma you've experienced.  You will find that everyone here is friendly, supportive and there is no judgement at all. Your not alone here and many can relate.  Take your time to look around and best wishes on your healing journey.  

PB