Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi! I am new. :)

Hi all,

I'm 24 and Italian, I've been having anxiety and depression issues since I was about 5 and an extremely weak memory of my childhood in general. A couple of years ago I started recollecting memories of early sexual abuses. :(

I'm trying my best to understand myself and heal, although sadly very few people decided to help me rather than take advantage of my current weakness. I hope I am on the right path. :)

Thanks a lot to you for taking the time to read my message, and I hope I didn't make any mistakes! :)

Edited by LeChuck

New, and with good taste in video games, I assume :) You're in a decent place. I'm sorry you were hurt so young, but if you've found your way here you'er reaching out, and that means getting back on your feet, you're on the right path.

Namaste

1 hour ago, LeChuck said:

Hi all,

I'm 24 and Italian, I've been having anxiety and depression issues since I was about 5 and an extremely weak memory of my childhood in general. A couple of years ago I started recollecting memories of early sexual abuses. :(

I'm trying my best to understand myself and heal, although sadly very few people decided to help me rather than take advantage of my current weakness. I hope I am on the right path. :)

Thanks a lot to you for taking the time to read my message, and I hope I didn't make any mistakes! :)

HI Let Chuck welcome to AS.  I am sorry for what happened to you as a child.  It is normal to block out abuse from our child. I am a surviver of CSA to.  You will find this a safe place, we understand what you have gone through and what you are going through.  For me the biggest thing is I don't feel alone here. I am heard and believed.

You did everything fine.

Patricia

Welcome @LeChuck. Your English is fine, you made no mistakes :) I'm sorry you experienced childhood sexual abuse. I also did and also recently began to remember it. You are not alone. Many people here can relate to this and many here deal with anxiety and depression as well. You're in the right place for healing and support. :youcanheal:

6 hours ago, LeChuck said:

Hi all,

Hi LeChuck,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced and the memories that are come back to you and the struggles you face. The mind can be very tricky, and it is not uncommon for there to be memory issues, especially at the age you were dealing with it. You have reached out, which is a big step. I'm sorry that some in real life have taken advantage, but you will find safety and support here. We understand and support you. I wish you well on this journey of healing.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

I knew it! xD 

On July 26, 2017 at 2:01 PM, LeChuck said:

Hi all,

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry for the trauma you've experienced.  You will find that everyone here is friendly, supportive and there is no judgement at all. Your not alone here and many can relate.  Take your time to look around and best wishes on your healing journey.  

PB