Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Joined 4 months ago, posting for the 1st time

On 2017-07-24 at 6:36 PM, Created2Thrive said:

Hi everyone! I don't know why it has been so hard for me to make this first post on AS. I feel like speaking out is the next step I need to take to continue this journey of healing. In my heart I feel weak for reaching out for help but in my conscious mind, I know this is not rational. I know I need to speak out about the crimes and abuse inflicted upon me. So I am joining all the brave resilient beautiful souls here at AS. I am taking this step. 

Hi,  and welcome to AS. It can be hard to speak out for the first time, it took me many years to tell anyone what happened to me.  It takes courage to speak when the world wants us to be silent.  You are not weak for reaching out, we all need support and that's ok, in fact it takes strength and courage to talk about this and to ask for support. You've been hurt and it wasn't your fault, the support is really helpful in the healing, and you deserve to be heard!

1 hour ago, silentg said:

Hi,  and welcome to AS. It can be hard to speak out for the first time, it took me many years to tell anyone what happened to me.  It takes courage to speak when the world wants us to be silent.  You are not weak for reaching out, we all need support and that's ok, in fact it takes strength and courage to talk about this and to ask for support. You've been hurt and it wasn't your fault, the support is really helpful in the healing, and you deserve to be heard!

Thanks Silentg! You know I have found a sense of belonging here. Which is something I haven't felt in such a long time. I feel so very different from others because of my past trauma. And feel like I don't belong anywhere. That is a very lonely feeling. Thanks for taking the time to reach out to me. 

Hello, welcome to AS. Sorry about what brought you here. Its a huge first step towards healing to start talking about it.

:supportu: