Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Joined 4 months ago, posting for the 1st time

Hi everyone! I don't know why it has been so hard for me to make this first post on AS. I feel like speaking out is the next step I need to take to continue this journey of healing. In my heart I feel weak for reaching out for help but in my conscious mind, I know this is not rational. I know I need to speak out about the crimes and abuse inflicted upon me. So I am joining all the brave resilient beautiful souls here at AS. I am taking this step. 

Edited by Created2Thrive

First of all, I'm proud of you for making your first post! I know it's not always easy to take that first step. There is no rush in speaking out about what happened. It's important to think of your comfort first. We will continue to be here when you're ready. Safe :hug: and welcome!

Welcome @Created2Thrive To As!  No worries I'm glad you were finally able to write your first post.  I'm sorry you've felt weak but you're NOT weak at all.  Please know there is not rush here on saying stuff and there is no pressure here.  You will find some of the people here can relate in someways.  Just know you're not alone here. Thank you're time say as much or as little as you like.  Best wishes on your healing journey 

PB

4 minutes ago, Dahliaa said:

First of all, I'm proud of you for making your first post! I know it's not always easy to take that first step. There is no rush in speaking out about what happened. It's important to think of your comfort first. We will continue to be here when you're ready. Safe :hug: and welcome!

Thanks for your supportive words!!

13 minutes ago, Created2Thrive said:

Hi everyone! I don't know why it has been so hard for me to make this first post on AS. I feel like speaking out is the next step I need to take to continue this journey of healing. In my heart I feel weak for reaching out for help but in my conscious mind, I know this is not rational. I know I need to speak out about the crimes and abuse inflicted upon me. So I am joining all the brave resilient beautiful souls here at AS. I am taking this step. 

Hello Created2Thrive,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the things that bring you here, but you will find tons of support from our understanding members. It's not easy to reach out, but you have, so in my book, that is courage. Nobody had the right to hurt you, but finding your voice is a not just a next step, but a huge one. I wish you the best as you begin more forward steps on this journey we call healing.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

19 minutes ago, MeBeMary said:

Hello Created2Thrive,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the things that bring you here, but you will find tons of support from our understanding members. It's not easy to reach out, but you have, so in my book, that is courage. Nobody had the right to hurt you, but finding your voice is a not just a next step, but a huge one. I wish you the best as you begin more forward steps on this journey we call healing.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Thank you Mary! I am already feeling like taking this step is definitely moving me in the right direction. :) 

34 minutes ago, Created2Thrive said:

Thanks for your supportive words!!

Not problem! Whenever you need a little bit of encouragement, you just let me know! :) 

@Created2Thrive welcome to AS and well done for posting it takes courage to take the first step , :notalone::youcanheal: amd I hope you have a good healing 

journey , I have found this site god send and it has really helped me because of all the wonderful kind and understanding members.

so many resources on here.  it is useful when the insomnia kicks and I can spend the time here and not just tossing and turning  half the night.:lindybunnie:

Welcome to AS @Created2Thrive I like the username you chose :) Glad you were able to break the ice in posting your first post here, it's understandably difficult to search for a place like this, to join AND to post. Well done :) Happy that you took your time, hopefully you will feel the support that this board has to offer. :aswelcomesu:

2 hours ago, Created2Thrive said:

Welcome to AS.  You may think you are weak for reaching out but I can tell you its the bravest and hardest thing to do.  It is so out of our comfort zone and not feeling in control. You will find you are not alone here,  we understand what you are feeling. 

Patricia

3 hours ago, Created2Thrive said:

Hey,

no need to be afraid everyone here are quite lovely and caring and don't judge.

welcome to AS :) 

:hug: if okay?

18 hours ago, Created2Thrive said:

Hello