Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi I'm Mary

Hello, my name is Mary. My new years resolution is to be more open and that is forcing me to deal with things that I would rather not deal with, but I have to get figured out I suppose. I'm currently living seven days a week at a summer camp as a nurse and can not leave, can not make many phone calls, and have no service or wifi anywhere. I have three weeks left. People are constantly relying on me and most of the time I'm not sure that I can rely on myself. Which has brought me here. I am not good at sharing or dealing with feelings and this particular topic makes me have panic attacks if I even think about talking to someone about it. I'm not sure how this is going to go, but I'm going to try and that's that.

Hello Mary

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry for whatever trauma you've experienced.  I'm sorry that you're stuck right now at camp with everyone relying on you. You will find that everyone here is friendly, supportive and there is no judgement at all. Your not alone here and many can relate.  Take your time to look around and best wishes on your healing journey.  

Welcome, Mary. Sorry you are feeling stuck and isolated right now. Hopefully the three weeks left will fly by. Take your time to get comfortable here and post when you are ready. No pressure :)

Hi Mary, and welcome to AS. It sounds challenging to have a lot of people relying on you and understandable that you would need some support for yourself too. I hope the three weeks goes by quickly for you. I can relate to feeling panicky about talking about trauma. Please take your time here and have a look around,  there is no pressure,  you can post/read/respond as you feel comfortable and know you are in a safe supportive space with people who understand. 

:notalone:

@msmary

Welcome to AS.  :lindybear:

5 hours ago, msmary said:

Hello, my name is Mary. My new years resolution is to be more open and that is forcing me to deal with things that I would rather not deal with, but I have to get figured out I suppose. I'm currently living seven days a week at a summer camp as a nurse and can not leave, can not make many phone calls, and have no service or wifi anywhere. I have three weeks left. People are constantly relying on me and most of the time I'm not sure that I can rely on myself. Which has brought me here. I am not good at sharing or dealing with feelings and this particular topic makes me have panic attacks if I even think about talking to someone about it. I'm not sure how this is going to go, but I'm going to try and that's that.

Hi Mary,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have gone thru, but AS is a very supportive site with many understanding and kind members. I can understand you feeling isolated, yet surrounded by others that need and rely on you 24/7. I do hope it is a fast 3 weeks for you. Many of us understand about topics that can trigger panic attacks, so you aren't alone. It is hard to reach out to others, but know that you will never be pressured to share anything you are not comfortable with, so take your time looking around. I do wish you the best as you go down this healing path.

Mary

BTW...you have a very lovely name. :)

:notalone:

Welcome Mary, sorry that you have so many relying on you. that can be hard when times are tough for oneself.:throb: