Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just joined

Welcome to AS @AmazonianPrincess, i am so sorry for everything you have been through, but know you have know found an incredibly supportive community who will be there for you through all stages of your healing journey. I too joined AS after not being able to find any local support groups, but even though is online i have received so much support here, I really don't know where i would be without this site. I hope you find it as helpful as i have. :aswelcomesu::youcanheal:

Welcome to AS! I am also sorry for what you have been through and the pain it's caused you. I hope you know we are all here to support you through this journey and I am personally always available to talk to. I really do hope AS provides you with the healing you need :hug: 

6 hours ago, AmazonianPrincess said:

Hi,

I just joined after looking for support groups locally and not finding any.  My incident was very recent and I am struggling.  Hope to find help and support here.

Welcome to AS!  I am sorry for whatever had happened to you and I'm sorry you are struggling.   Please know this wasn't your fault.  No one has any right to harm another person.  You have found a very safe place.  Everyone here is friendly here.   You will find all the support you need and there is no judgement here. Please take your time and look around you can say as much or as little as you like.  Best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB

Hi AmazonianPrincess,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have endured, but you have found a very supportive site. It is never easy to take the first step and reach out, so I acknowledge how brave you are. I am sure it is only the beginning of your steps forward and I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone: 

7 hours ago, AmazonianPrincess said:

Hi,

I just joined after looking for support groups locally and not finding any.  My incident was very recent and I am struggling.  Hope to find help and support here.

Hi @AmazonianPrincess welcome to AS! I'm sorry you are struggling and that you were recently assaulted. Wish there were more support groups available but so glad to have this place. Like everyone has said, AS is filled with supportive people and this site is designed to keep survivors safe with great moderation done daily. We are here to answer any questions you may have along the way. :notalone:

Hi @AmazonianPrincess, welcome to AS. I'm sorry you are struggling from a recent incident and cannot find a local support group.  The initial period of aftermath is very challenging and it's helpful to find a safe place to reach out as much as you want/are able to and know that you will be heard, believed and understood.   This place is very supportive and I'm glad you found us. Wishing you safety and hope on the road to recovery. :notalone:

Hello and welcome to AS. Sorry about the Trauma that brought you to our group, I hope you find us a supportive bunch. Everyone kind of helps everyone here in all kinds of different ways. I hope we can provide you with what your looking for on your road to healing and recovery.

One