Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello :)

I am new to the group. 2 years ago I was assaulted and kept it a secret for months. I was abused as a child so I have experienced a lot of abuse my entire life because I thought it's what I deserved but with the help of a support group, close friends, and God I have learned that it wasn't my fault. I am glad to know there is a support group out there that helps women that have been through similar situations! ❤️

Wilkommen, bienvenue, velcome. And ahoy, for good measure ^_^

Hello @HopeLives43,

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry for the traumas you've experienced. I can relate in many ways. You will find that everyone here is friendly, supportive and there is no judgement at all. Your not alone here and many can relate.  Take your time to look around and best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB

Welcome to as, I'm glad you've found us. It's a very open and supportive site. I'm sorry for what brought you here but I'm also very glad that you have started healing. For me it wasn't easy coming here because it admitted that this thing had happened to me, it was also very relieving don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful for AS. So welcome to AS again. 

10 hours ago, HopeLives43 said:

I am new to the group. 2 years ago I was assaulted and kept it a secret for months. I was abused as a child so I have experienced a lot of abuse my entire life because I thought it's what I deserved but with the help of a support group, close friends, and God I have learned that it wasn't my fault. I am glad to know there is a support group out there that helps women that have been through similar situations! ❤️

Hi Hope,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have endured throughout your life. You never deserved it. Nobody ever has the right to hurt another individual this was, and I am glad that you have come to realize this. It is one of the toughest hurdles that we survivors face. It was never our fault. I am glad that you have support already, but now you can include our community, as we do understand and accept you. I wish you the very best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Welcome to AS HopeLives43. Its nice to meet you. In sorry for the trauma that brought you here. AS is full of wonderful caring individuals that can pretty much relate to everything and anything. Look forward to seeing your post and supporting you as we all heal together.

One

Welcome to AS @HopeLives43 sorry you have been through so much, it can feel so isolating, but here there are many who can relate and will support you on your healing path. I'm really glad to know you know it's not your fault what's happened to you! :)