Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello,

I'm not too sure I understand how any of this really works. To be able to maybe speak with someone on a more privet level to even learn how to speak out or about anything. 

I am new here so I do apologize for this. I feel like I should be able to understand these thing but I'm not very tech savvy at all. If anyone is able to maybe help me out? 

Hi Fading,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have reason to be here, but please know that this is a very supportive site. Our members are understanding and kind. It's ok to have questions when starting something new like this, and there is no pressure on you to do or say anything you are not comfortable with. I will send you a PM with some basics, to start, and if you have additional questions, our Newbie Support Team is here to help you along. It took courage to reach out and I wish you well as you begin your journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Welcome to AS, like Mary said sorry that you have a site like this but it has helped me so many times. Take your time looking over the site and you contact us any time with questions.

Thank you both very much. I've searched for a long time and have never really found anything that has helped. I've called hotline and been scoffed off the phone. It's been rough. I'm glad I found this site and I'm really hoping I can make changes and steps forward. Thank you very much. 

Welcome to AS Fading! I am so sorry for the reason that you are here for. You will find that everyone here is friendly, supportive and there is no judgement at all. Your not alone here and many can relate.  Take your time to look around and best wishes on your healing  journey.  

PB

Welcome to AS @Fading. No need to apologize for being new, we all have been new here. I understand how hard technology can be. Its good meeting you, look forward to seeing your future post.

One

Welcome to AS, I'm pretty good with tech and it took me some time to find my way around here :) Take your time to look around and you got the newbie support team to help you as well. If you ever want to talk one on one my inbox is open. Take care!

I'm sorry for what has brought you here and I'm sorry they treated you that way on a hotline, the person should not be volunteering if they treat people like that. Shame on them, none of us here would do that, there is so much support and encouragement here.

Welcome toAS

Hi @Fading Welcome! Sorry you were treated that way when you called a hotline. They are supposed to help not make you feel worse. We are here for you! :)