Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just a brief intro

Hi. I am looking for a place to give and receive support and work on healing. I am a survivor and have been recently diagnosed with PTSD and major depressive disorder.

Thanks for letting me join.

T

23 minutes ago, tdm1978 said:

Hi. I am looking for a place to give and receive support and work on healing. I am a survivor and have been recently diagnosed with PTSD and major depressive disorder.

T

Hi @tdm1978 welcome to AS! You've come to the right place. There is plenty of support here to give and receive :)

I'm sorry you were assaulted and suffer from ptsd and depression. Many folks here can relate to that so you'll find lots of understanding here. We have a section called Psychological Well-Being under the Body and Mind heading if you decide you'd like to talk about your diagnoses there. This is a really great forum to connect with other survivors. Hope you find comfort and healing here :flowers:

1 hour ago, tdm1978 said:

T

Hello tdm1978,

I'm pleased to welcome you to AS. Even if I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here. There are plenty of people here that deal with ptsd and major depressive dissorder, so lots of support. You can heal.

One

1 hour ago, tdm1978 said:

T

Welcome tdm1978 to AS!  I'm sorry for the trauma you've experienced.  Just know you came to the right place.  There are many of us that deal with PTSD and there are some that can relate to depressive disorder as well.  Please know that you are not alone. You will find you will be heard and supported.  Best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB

Hi tdm,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have endured and the struggles you still face. AS is a very supportive site, tho, with many understanding and kind members. It takes courage to reach out, so I want to acknowledge that. I do wish you the best as you walk your path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: