Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hello,

I'm new here too. And, here for the same reasons as many others. It's been far too long mostly dealing alone with the harms done to me.

I'm grateful After Silence is here and I appreciate the opportunity to be supported, and also to offer support.

I hope to look back a year from now, and see some miles traveled--some healing--from how I feel now.

Peace.

Hi For Healing,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but you will find this a very supportive site. I had done the same thing, before finding this site. Try and deal with it alone, but I was happy to find out that I didn't have to, and neither do you. I do wish you the very best as you journey down your healing path.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi @For Healing,

Welcome to AS! Sorry for the rauma that brought you here. Its Definately a supportive place lots of people to help and that can relate to pretty much anything. I'm excited to hear you have a goal in mind. I support it a year from now it would be good to see just how far we've all come.

One

@For Healing that is a great name you choose, :aswelcomesu: :notalone: sorry for the trauma that brought you AS:throb:

if you like chocolate great chocolate thread. :off:

but this is a fantastic resource and the members are so amazing understanding and supportive.  I joined in April and feel that I have made progress.

actually :goodpost2: by @Oneinamillion called Progress, you can just type progress into search and up she pops. so you could do baseline one and compare after a year just suggestion , do not feel under pressure. good luck with your healing.

Edited by oceonwaves
2 hours ago, For Healing said:

Hello,

I'm new here too. And, here for the same reasons as many others. It's been far too long mostly dealing alone with the harms done to me.

I'm grateful After Silence is here and I appreciate the opportunity to be supported, and also to offer support.

I hope to look back a year from now, and see some miles traveled--some healing--from how I feel now.

Peace.

Welcome to AS!  I am truly sorry for the trauma you've experienced.  take your time and look around say as much or as little as you like.  You've found a great site here.  People here are friendly, helpful, supportive, kind and caring.  You will find that there is no judgement here. Best wishes on your healing journey! 

PB

Hi @For Healing, I can imagine a good healing by the end of a year on this site, I'm very enthusiastic about it and only started today. It seems to me a very good and safe place to start.

Good luck on your journey, take care 🌟

1 hour ago, oceonwaves said:

actually :goodpost2: by @Oneinamillion called Progress, you can just type progress into search and up she pops. so you could do baseline one and compare after a year just suggestion , do not feel under pressure. good luck with your healing.

Thanks thats really kind of you to say!:blush:

hi  healing

i been  away for some time but am away from my abuse for the first ime in 47 yrs  in a place that is safe away from my abusive family so welcome to AS hope you can find healing here  and other places too i found this place  is great too  just last time i was here a lot was getting in my way of healing but am free at last so ya i with you see were we will be in a year but also were we be in 6 months too as i know healing come over time but is hard work too got to be willing to do the work too that can be hard but worth it too here to you healing and growing and finding out who you really our too

love light and hope stormie

Welcome to AS @For Healing. I'm sorry you have been through this trauma and have been dealing with it on your own. To me, this place is like the epitome of support. I hope the same for you...progress. Just remember that baby steps are always progress in healing :) 

Hi For Healing,

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry you have been feeling alone dealing with things for so long.  I hope you will find this a supportive place on your journey and be able to look back in a year and be glad you came here. I know I have made progress since I joined here, although it has not been easy to see sometimes, and it can often feel non-linear, like I'm going in a spiral, things seem come back around but I feel and relate to them in a different way. 

I wish you the best on your healing path :notalone:

Welcome to AS, you've found a great site, I hope you can look back and see the miles too, so far I've gone quieter a few and it only been a couple months. I hope the same for you.

• 3 weeks later...