Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, need a bit of support as can't talk to anyone. Hoping can talk on here with people. Survived various abuse and just fed up with trying to cope on my own with things, been in and out of mental health system I've not had proper help with that stuff as too personal to talk about and my mental health has been the main focus. Plus usually turn into the therapist so the focus is not on me..love helping people and am quite good at it in groups and one to one.

Don't really know what else to say, it's taken me ages to write this.

Anyhoo, take care peeps 🌟

Hi Solus! Welcome to AS :) You'll find support and helpful people here. Sorry you've struggled like that... 

If you want to talk, I'm around. Take care!

5 minutes ago, Solus said:

Hi, need a bit of support as can't talk to anyone. Hoping can talk on here with people. Survived various abuse and just fed up with trying to cope on my own with things, been in and out of mental health system I've not had proper help with that stuff as too personal to talk about and my mental health has been the main focus. Plus usually turn into the therapist so the focus is not on me..love helping people and am quite good at it in groups and one to one.

Hi Solus, welcome to AS. I am sorry for the abuse that you have gone through. You will find this to be a safe place, and others who understand how you feel.

It is hard to know what to say  and is a big step and you did it. :notalone:

Patricia

hi  solus welcome  to AS   im sorry for   what you have   been   through  well done  for your  post it was big  step   you will get  lots  support  here

Thanking ayla3, patriciag and missfrier 👍🌟

Edited by Solus
3 hours ago, Solus said:

Welcome to AS Solus!  I am sorry the the trauma you've experienced.  You've found a very safe place here.  Everyone here is very nice and helpful. Many people here can relate to how your feeling.  There is no judgement here and you will be heard, listened too.  Take your time there is no hurry here say as much or as little as you like.  Best wishes on your healing journey.  

PB

Thank you painnbroken, I'm glad I have found somewhere at last.

Look forward to getting to know people and bonding 🌟

3 hours ago, Solus said:

Hi Solus,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the traumas you've endured and the struggles you continue to face. You will find our community full of support and understanding. I understand your feelings about helping people. Sometimes helping others can be some of the most healing steps we take. I do wish you well as you walk down this path of your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Thank you Mary.

Ur right it is good to help others, good for themselves us and works as great distraction.

I think this group is pretty good already and can see that people are helpful etc on here.

Take care 🌟

Hi Solus, Welcome to AS, I'm glad you found us. I can relate to it being hard to talk to people and found that here I could discuss difficult things with people who understand.  There is no rush to talk about things but if and when you feel comfortable we are here.

:notalone:

Thank you silentg and reglois 👍😀

I am here for people too btw

Take care all of you 🌟

@Solus welcome to AS. Lost of supportive people here just like everyone else has said. Hope you feel at home here already. I'm sorry for all the trauma that brought you here, but I'm glad we have the oppertunity to help you heal.

One

@Oneinamillion thank you and yeah people have been being pretty awesome on here and am feeling very comfortable already. What a great site 👍🌟

I'm so glad you like it here! At first I didn't know what to expect and everyone has been great and extra supportive through so much. So much information here in all the forums on ways to heal and cope some days I dont know how I survived without this site

I'm talking to one person on messenger and it's been really really good. Kept me grounded today.

Also the topics on here are well thought out and could be very helpful for me, I'm so glad I found this site and am very grateful for it atm. Very grateful, as was nearing the end of my tether with things on this front.

It's nice talking to people and I hope people get to know that they can talk to me about anything too.

Have been in the mental health system for many years and am quite good at talking with people about their problems and it's good to help, makes one feel more human and not so useless.

🌟

If you need anything feel free to reach out, some days are easier for me to chat then others but I'd be happy to help if I can.

Same here honey, am pretty crap at reaching out tho, so may just start with a bit of banal conversation to get going, like ...watching anything good, how ru etc 🌟

Hi and welcome @Solus! I'm sorry you are struggling and for the trauma that you've been through. I am also in the mental health system. It can be very hard feeling like you're going through all of this alone. I'm glad that you found AS :supportu::notalone:

19 hours ago, Solus said:

I'm talking to one person on messenger and it's been really really good. Kept me grounded today.

Also the topics on here are well thought out and could be very helpful for me, I'm so glad I found this site and am very grateful for it atm. Very grateful, as was nearing the end of my tether with things on this front.

It's nice talking to people and I hope people get to know that they can talk to me about anything too.

Have been in the mental health system for many years and am quite good at talking with people about their problems and it's good to help, makes one feel more human and not so useless.

🌟

I'm so glad to hear you are finding things helpful here. I totally agree that supporting others makes us feel more human and for me anyway, sometimes its easier than feeling like I'm the one asking for support, so its been a bit of a balancing act for me to do both here :) Glad you are connecting and finding the topics useful.

@silentg, thank you very much. Glad you manage to help others and get help for yourself too. A good balancing act and refreshing for me to get help for myself with regards to certain subjects.

Take care 🌟