Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

newbie here

new to the group, not to trauma. I see my world crumbling before my eyes. Sometimes I want to stay and fight, sometimes I just want to get in my car and drive til I break down somewhere, and recreate a new me. 

Welcome to AS! I'm sorry for the trauma you've experienced.  Take your time look around say as much or as little as you want. You've found a very supportive place and you will find there is no judgement here. Best wishes with your healing journey @Dreamch8sr

1 hour ago, Dreamch8sr said:

new to the group, not to trauma. I see my world crumbling before my eyes. Sometimes I want to stay and fight, sometimes I just want to get in my car and drive til I break down somewhere, and recreate a new me. 

Hi there @Dreamch8sr welcome to After Silence. I am sorry you are in this emotional state. I have felt similarly a few times over the years. It's a really good start that you found this place and decided to reach out. It's not easy but you did it. Frequently, trauma is so isolating, just try to remember that you're not alone. :supportu::youcanheal:

2 hours ago, Dreamch8sr said:

Hi Dream welcome to AS. I am sorry for the  trauma you have gone through. We have all had that feeling of wanting to stay and fight. You are not alone here and we are with you when you want to run. We are here to support you.

Patricia

Hello and Welcome to AS @Dreamch8sr.

I am sorry for the trauma that brought you here. I completely understand the urge to get in the car and run for it, and the stand and fight one too.  Lots of people here are going to be able to relate to you, so I hope you find a buddy or two.  We are all here to support each other so I know you'll find lots of support. My favorite part of AS is that I discovered I'm not alone.  So welcome again Were here to run with you or stand and fight.

One 

On 6/22/2017 at 0:05 PM, Dreamch8sr said:

Hi Dreamch8sr,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have endured and the continuing struggles you face. I completely understand the feeling of wanting to just start over. You showed courage to reach out. I do wish you the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hi Dreamch8sr and welcome to AS,

I am sorry for the trauma you went through and your feeling that your world is crumbling. You will find support and validation here, and I wish you the best in your healing.