Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New member - looking for a support group

Hello, I'm a new member to the site. I'm in the process of healing and am hoping to connect with other survivors in the greater NYC area. Does anyone know of any existing support groups in NYC or have any interest in starting one?

Hi Mar, welcome to AS. Sorry for whatever  trauma that brought you here. This site has members from around the world. People could let you know where they are from. We are happy to have here.

Patricia

Welcome to AS! I'm sorry for the trauma you've experienced that brought you here.  Take your time look around. Everyone here is helpful and supportive.  I'm sorry for not being able to help but I am sure there are people here that can give you information you are seeking.  Best wishes on your healing journey. 

Not sure if this is what your looking for but here are some resources for New York some of them may have support groups 

welcome to AS, I'm sorry you have a reason to be here. I hope you will find what you need here. I hope you find everyone here as helpful as I have. I'm glad to meet you, but again sorry you have a reason to be here.

One

On 6/20/2017 at 3:45 PM, mar_tau said:

Hello, I'm a new member to the site. I'm in the process of healing and am hoping to connect with other survivors in the greater NYC area. Does anyone know of any existing support groups in NYC or have any interest in starting one?

Hi mar_tau,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but you will find much support here. I wouldn't be surprised if we had many NY members on the site, we have many from all over. I also hope the link Oneinamillion gave you supplies you with some local assistance in your area. I do wish you the best on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hi Mar,

I am also new to the site (as of today!!). I'm a survivor, as of two weeks ago, and I have been trying to find support groups but have had difficulty finding them in NYC surprisingly. I am definitely interested in starting one, so let me know your thoughts :) 

Welcome to AS @Colleeflower I am sorry about your recent trauma. I am glad you found this site to help you along your healing journey. That's really great that you are interested in starting a support group in your area. :)