Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hi everyone.  I'm new to this forum.  I'm a little nervous tbh.  I'm a wife and mom to two beautiful little girls.  My husband is very supportive, but I really feel that I am needing a different kind of support than he can give me, if that makes any sense.  Anyways, I thought I would just say hello.

Hi twinmommy,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma that you have experienced, but you have found a very supportive site. It is great to have outside support, by I do understand it is not the same as someone who may really know what you've been thru and how you feel. This community can certainly do that for you. It's ok to take your time and get used to the site. You will find no pressure or judgment here.  I do wish you the very best as you find the best path of healing for you.

:youcanheal:

Mary

6 hours ago, twinmommy said:

Hi everyone.  I'm new to this forum.  I'm a little nervous tbh.  I'm a wife and mom to two beautiful little girls.  My husband is very supportive, but I really feel that I am needing a different kind of support than he can give me, if that makes any sense.  Anyways, I thought I would just say hello.

Hi Twin, welcome to AS. It is normal to be nervous, we have all felt that way. I too have a very supportive husband but it is nice to talk to people who understand. We are here for you and you are not alone.

Welcome to AS @twinmommy!  I am sorry for the trauma you've experienced.  Glad to hear you have a supportive husband.  Being nervous is normal.  You've found a supportive place here and also those who can relate.  You can say as much or or as little as you wish. You will be heard and there is no judgement here.  Best wishes on your healing journey dear.  

Hello and Welcome to AS Twinmommy, sorry you have reason to have joined. I sincerely hope that you can grow here and that you find the type of support your looking for.

One

:aswelcomesu: @twinmommy take your time to process it all and be gentle with yourself. This site is run by survivors and there is so much support and kindness and warmth here. It's normal to feel nervous joining a new community. It's a very active site and there's always people wanting to support others. Hope to see you around here :)

Hi and welcome to AS!

Many of us felt / feel nervous being here, I hope you find the kind of support you are seeking. I'm a mom of two as well and I know how challenging it can be to cope with the issues we face as survivors while also juggling the demands of parenting! I'm glad you have a supportive husband and I wish you the best as you process things. 

Welcome to AS, twinmommy. Congratulations on your family. I am sorry that you have a reason to be here, but it is completely normal to be nervous at first. You will soon get used to it. I understand needing support from people other than your partner. Sometimes talking to someone who has been there is really valuable. Hope you find lots of support and comfort here.