Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

hello everyone. 

my name is sarah and i am 33. 

i really need someone to talk to at the moment. I have CPTSD  have had counciling at a rape and sexual abuse centre  and have also had EMDR about 12 months ago on the nhs and i am waiting for another set. 

I feel very small and useless at the min and so full of shame and disgust. 

Sorry thats probs not much to go off 

thanks for reading

11 minutes ago, sasperella31 said:

hello everyone. 

i really need someone to talk to at the moment. I have CPTSD  have had counciling at a rape and sexual abuse centre  and have also had EMDR about 12 months ago on the nhs and i am waiting for another set. 

thanks for reading

Safe hugs :hug: if okay?

welcome to AS sasprella.

25 minutes ago, sasperella31 said:

hello everyone. 

thanks for reading

Hi Sarah welcome to AS. I am sorry for what you have been through. I so understand the feelings of shame and disgust, it took me along time to no longer have those feelings. Sometimes it takes time to find the right C, I know it was for me.

What I can tell you, you are not alone here. Their are many who understand how you feel ( which is sad) but are here to support you.

:notalone:

Patricia

5 minutes ago, patriciag said:

Hi Sarah welcome to AS. I am sorry for what you have been through. I so understand the feelings of shame and disgust, it took me along time to no longer have those feelings. Sometimes it takes time to find the right C, I know it was for me.

What I can tell you, you are not alone here. Their are many who understand how you feel ( which is sad) but are here to support you.

Patricia

Hi patricia thank you for your reply and i am sorry for what u have been through too, its so very sad we have to deal with all of this

I just need to not feel alone at this moment in time i think once i get used to the forum ill probably share more just feel so isolated at the  min 😭 

Thank you very much again for ur reply 

1 hour ago, sasperella31 said:

hello everyone. 

thanks for reading

Good evening Sarah,

Welcome to AS! I am sorry for what you have been through.  Sadly I do understand feeling small, useless, shame and disgust.  Please take your time there is no rush and you can say as much or as little as you like.  Everyone here is understanding, supportive and there is no judgement here.  You are not alone here.  Best wishes with your healing journey. 

7 minutes ago, Painnbroken said:

Good evening Sarah,

Welcome to AS! I am sorry for what you have been through.  Sadly I do understand feeling small, useless, shame and disgust.  Please take your time there is no rush and you can say as much or as little as you like.  Everyone here is understanding, supportive and there is no judgement here.  You are not alone here.  Best wishes with your healing journey. 

Thank you very much for your reply and im sorry you do understand 😭 its not an easy thing to live with at all 

2 hours ago, sasperella31 said:

hello everyone. 

thanks for reading

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered and the struggles you still have.  What happened to you was not your fault, but unfortunately it is a common misthought many of us have or have had. It was very brave to reach out, and you will find tons of support here. I wish you the best as you continue down your healing path.

Mary

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to AS, I'm sorry you are dealing with CPTSD and have to wait so long for more EMDR. I hope we can be a supportive place for you in the meantime. I am no stranger to feelings of shame and isolation, please know you are not alone with all these feelings.  I hope as you find your way around the boards you will find information and support here. :)

Welcome to AS, Sarah. We are the same age :) I'm sorry for what you've been through, and CPTSD can be so rough. I glad you have had help with the center. Counselling has been very helpful for me, as well, and it's quite normal to go back and forth with feeling okay, not okay, okay again etc. Hope you find what you're looking for here. It's really a great site. :supportu::youcanheal: