Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here

Hello everyone,

Im AJ. I'm new to this, but I'm looking for more support outside of therapy and the friends I've been leaning on. I was raped over a year ago and the 1 year mark was last week and it has taken its toll on me. I have had some extremely unhealthy coping mechanisms that I've worked through with therapy, but I find myself having to fight really hard to not fall into old habits. I just need some more support I guess. I look forward to talking with y'all. 

Hi AJ, welcome to AS. I am sorry to hear about your rape and anniversaries can be hard. I am glad you are in T. But it is nice to  connect to people who understand, sad to say there are many of us here but we here for each other and will be here for you.

:notalone:

Patricia

Hi AJ.

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you experienced. It was wrong for anyone to hurt you so. You have found a very supportive site, the members are truly understanding and kind. I'm sorry that you have to fight hard, but glad you are a fighter. It's not easy dealing with the aftermath, and hope things become easier for your. I'm glad you have reached out here. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

Welcome to AS AJ!  I am sorry for the trauma you've experienced.  Anniversary's can be very difficult.  Take your time look around say as much as little as you like.  You've found a safe place and everyone here is understanding.  Best of luck on your healing journey.   

9 hours ago, HeyAyeJay said:

Hello everyone,

Im AJ. I'm new to this, but I'm looking for more support outside of therapy and the friends I've been leaning on. I was raped over a year ago and the 1 year mark was last week and it has taken its toll on me. I have had some extremely unhealthy coping mechanisms that I've worked through with therapy, but I find myself having to fight really hard to not fall into old habits. I just need some more support I guess. I look forward to talking with y'all. 

Hi AJ,

welcome to as there's lots of support here :) 

:aswelcomesu: :supportu:

free :tealribbon: 

Welcome to as, AJ. I'm sorry for what brought you here but I'm glad you found this site, you will find support here. I'm glad you have been working with a therapist and that you have friends to lean on, that helps a lot. 

:aswelcomesu: AJ. Anniversaries can be so difficult. I'm sorry for what you've experienced. We are here to support you on your healing journey.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support. I think the anniversary caught me off guard because leading up to it I had felt "normal" and okay but once the day came it felt like the levy broke so to speak. I'm still trying to find my footing again. 

Hi AJ, welcome to AS. Anniversaries are often so difficult.  I hope you find your footing again soon, and I'm sorry for what brings you here but I think you will find the people here supportive and understanding. Best wishes in your recovery.

:notalone:

Welcome to AS, AJ. I am very sorry for what happened to you a year ago. I am glad to hear that you have T and friends in real life who support you, and I hope that AS will contribute further to your healing. Sometimes, talking to people who have been through sth similar can be particularly helpful.