Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

@Beekey

welcome to AS!  Sorry for the reason you are here for.  Take your time look around. Say as much or as little as you like.   This is a safe place plenty of support and there is no judgement here.  Best of luck on your healing journey. 

12 minutes ago, Beekey said:

Hi - and thank you.

Your very welcome sorry what happened to you to make you have to seek out as , if you ever wanna  talk or just need a friend people on here are really friendly & I am too :) .

hope your setting in ok.

free

Much appreciated, thank you. It took a very long time- too long to be able to discuss my life, past and present. Someone from a coalition I joined several months ago had mentioned this site. I read a lot before joining and I just want to say that I feel it is a very honorable and resourceful site. Just reading aspects of another's story relieves the feeling of solitude and fear I deal with, so good work and thanks again. Feel privileged to be apart of it. I am going to try my best to share.

2 hours ago, Beekey said:

Good morning. Thank you for having me.

Hi Beekey, welcome to AS and we are very happy to have you here. I am glad you took time to look over our site. This is a safe place and for me it was nice to know to know I wasn't alone in how I was feeling. I am sorry for the  trauma that brought you here but we are here for you.

Patricia

7 hours ago, Beekey said:

Good morning. Thank you for having me.

5 hours ago, Beekey said:

Much appreciated, thank you. It took a very long time- too long to be able to discuss my life, past and present. Someone from a coalition I joined several months ago had mentioned this site. I read a lot before joining and I just want to say that I feel it is a very honorable and resourceful site. Just reading aspects of another's story relieves the feeling of solitude and fear I deal with, so good work and thanks again. Feel privileged to be apart of it. I am going to try my best to share.

Hi Beekey,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma you have suffered, but as you are already finding out, this is a very supportive site. I agree one of the biggest positives for belonging to this site is not feeling the solitude and isolation. I am also glad that we were recommended by someone in your coalition, it means we have been doing it right. :)  I do wish you the best on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hi @Beekey welcome to AS! I'm sorry you need to be here. This site has been the most helpful and supportive one I've joined when needing to be heard, to vent, to share my story, etc. I think it's really great AS was recommended to you. :notalone:

Thank you MeBeMary - I am finding that this site can be extremely beneficial for my mental health. There is a lot of comfort in not having to go somewhere publicly in person in order to feel safe and understood. That was a real issue for me. Its only been a few days, but I feel a nice change already - so thank you.

On 2017-06-12 at 1:58 PM, Beekey said:

Hi Beekey,

Welcome to AS! I 'm sorry for what brought you here, but glad you've already found this place has helped in some small way. there is no pressure to share before you feel ready, feel free to look around for awhile if you like. I felt less isolated because of AS too and it's helped me talk about things I couldn't before. best wishes on your healing journey :)