Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi everyone,

I am not new to this site but I haven't been on in ages so I wanted to reintroduce myself. I am 25 and have a long history of abuse, physical, emotional and sexual. It has been a long road but I am slowly learning there is healing. I work with disabled, mentally handicapped and emotionally challenged children doing horse therapy and I love it. There is a lot going on and this site has helped a lot in the past so I am back

12 minutes ago, Silentandafraid said:

Hi everyone,

I am not new to this site but I haven't been on in ages so I wanted to reintroduce myself. I am 25 and have a long history of abuse, physical, emotional and sexual. It has been a long road but I am slowly learning there is healing. I work with disabled, mentally handicapped and emotionally challenged children doing horse therapy and I love it. There is a lot going on and this site has helped a lot in the past so I am back

Welcome to AS :) 

Hi @Silentandafraid Thats really cool you work with horse therapy. I watched a session once when I was interned at a school for autistic children. The relationship between the kids and the horses was very cool to watch. Id love to hear more about it. Welcome back to AS and hope you are doing okay. 

1 hour ago, Silentandafraid said:

Hi everyone,

Hi Silent!

Welcome back. It has been awhile, but I am glad that you remembered us here at the site. Same supportive place, just with many more members. You're working with horses and children with special needs? You have been busy since you were here last. It seems to me tho, this is right up your alley, and I can really imagine that you love it. I'm sorry tho, that there is much going on, and hopefully coming back helps you again. It is really a good place to help figure things out.

Mary

Nice to meet you, welcome back! That sounds like the kind of job I would love. Love horses and kids. Would be great to get get to know you better. I'm sorry you had to come back but I am hopeful you can find the help and support you need here.

Again nice to meet you

One

Welcome back :wave: your job with horses sounds amazing, and helping children the icing on the cake.