Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm new here

Hi, I've come here because I have recently felt alone in my world due to the trauma I have suffered. My friends and parents try to be there for me but they don't understand what I have gone through and I don't want to show them how broken I truly feel. My therapist helps but I want to be able to talk to other survivors and hear their stories also.

Thanks for giving me a voice again :throb:

Hi @diannreedjohnson and welcome :) Sorry you have a reason to be here but I do understand how it feels to have people around you that do want to be supportive but can't because they just don't understand... I also relate to trying to hide how I actually feel, it's exhausting. 

Feel free to reach out if you ever just want to talk. 

Take care! 

Hi diann,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have experienced a trauma, but you really have found a very supportive site. I do agree, nobody really understands unless they've gone thru it themselves. We understand and you are free to be who you are here. You are not alone. I am glad you find this step of finding your voice a positive and forward step. I do wish you many forward steps on this healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

3 hours ago, diannreedjohnson said:

Hi, I've come here because I have recently felt alone in my world due to the trauma I have suffered. My friends and parents try to be there for me but they don't understand what I have gone through and I don't want to show them how broken I truly feel. My therapist helps but I want to be able to talk to other survivors and hear their stories also.

Thanks for giving me a voice again :throb:

Hey welcome to AS Diann.

i am sure you will always have a voice here.

:aswelcomesu:

@diannreedjohnson

Welcome to AS!  I'm sorry for the reasons that brought you here. Definetly is hard when no one understands what your feeling. You are not alone here. Here you will find people that understand.  I wish you the very best on you're healing journey.