Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here

Hi y'all!  My therapist referred me to this site today. I've done quite a bit of navigating yet I'm still not sure I've gotten it all figured out. Learn as I go!  Sadly I presume we're all here for the same reason. I look forward to supporting you as well as gaining some support for myself. 👋

3 hours ago, Beachmom said:

Hi y'all!  My therapist referred me to this site today. I've done quite a bit of navigating yet I'm still not sure I've gotten it all figured out. Learn as I go!  Sadly I presume we're all here for the same reason. I look forward to supporting you as well as gaining some support for myself. 👋

3 hours ago, Beachmom said:

How do I hide my birthday?  I see many have theirs hidden. I would like to know how please. 

Hi Beachmom,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry you experienced a trauma, but you will find AS a very supportive site. The members here are truly understanding and kind. You are figuring it out the best way there is, just looking over the site. It will become easier and more comfortable as you go along. I am happy that you were referred to us and that you took that step to reach out. I wish you the best on many forward steps on your healing journey.

:notalone:

Mary

BTW...I reviewed your profile, your birthday is not shown. What you are seeing is Birth Date, which can ONLY be seen by you and the administrators and board mods who approved your registration. Birthday is an optional feature available to members, and yours is turned off.

I got a call today from an advocate signed to me through the sexual assault center. She asked if I wanted to file. My initial answer 24 hrs later with no sleep was no I do not want to file. At that point I thought filing and pressing charges were synonymous. So the didn't do a rape kit on me. Now that I have sleep a shower and time to think I want that awful guy to pay. I'm considering filing a report so it goes on his file but I'm curious about my safety. Is he able to find out who reported because I doubt I'm his only victim. Will my privacy be kept? I have to think of the safety of myself and more importantly my children. Thank you. 

@Beachmom

Welcome to AS! I'm sorry for the trauma you've experienced.  Take your time look around say as much or as little as you like.  Everyone here are awesome and no judgement here.  Good luck on your healing journey dear.  

Welcome Beachmom! Did you find the Legal System and Support Section? Many people post there about things related to pressing charges and dealing with the justice system. I haven't gone through it myself so I am sorry I cannot be of more help. But I imagine you could also ask the advocate? I assume they are there for these kinds of doubts. Good luck!