Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

First Time

Hi everyone. This is my first time ever participating in something like this. After reading some posts I am excited to be able to talk to people who can relate to what I'm feeling. My wounds are old, but unfortunately they have been causing some problems for me lately. I am hoping that having a place to talk about things will help.

Hi Bizzy,

Welcome to AS.  I am very sorry for what brings you here, but you have found a very supportive site. I'm glad that you have read and seen that already. My wounds are old, as well. I found this site and a voice after 30 years of silence, so it is never to late to to steps that help us heal. I wish you the very best on your path of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Thanks, Mary! It was strange to come on here and immediately feel understood, without even having a conversation with anyone yet. I can't help but wonder how having a site like this could have helped me all of those years ago. I am so happy you found your voice, that everyone on here has - it is so important for people to know they are not alone. 

Welcome to AS, Bizzy. I completely understand that feeling of being understood here. I also wondered how different things would have been if i had found this place years ago. I am glad you found this and hope you will find it helpful.