Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Me, the real me, sayin hello

This is new and scary. I'm a faceless being, and it's exciting and intense. But scary knowing I finally have a place to be heard, or finally a place to have a voice. I am not alone. Something I heard through councling, and support groups. But I always felt alone because I never truly felt safe to talk the real talk. I never truly felt that what my counselor would hear would stay between us. I never felt safe from gossip in small group sessions held in a church. 

Here I do

So thank you

Thank you for reading and being a support to a broken person

Thank you for being you

Finally being able to relate to people I think will help me heal more than with the few people I have opened up to in the past because you get it.

For that I am sorry, but I'm here and ready to listen if you do the same for me.

Welcome to AS, Allison. I'm sorry you had to track down a group like this, but I'm glad you found it. I joined for the same reason — to talk to and listen to people who've been through the same thing as me. You'll find tons of support here.

52 minutes ago, Allison Jo said:

This is new and scary. I'm a faceless being, and it's exciting and intense. But scary knowing I finally have a place to be heard, or finally a place to have a voice. I am not alone. Something I heard through councling, and support groups. But I always felt alone because I never truly felt safe to talk the real talk. I never truly felt that what my counselor would hear would stay between us. I never felt safe from gossip in small group sessions held in a church. 

Here I do

So thank you

Thank you for reading and being a support to a broken person

Thank you for being you

Finally being able to relate to people I think will help me heal more than with the few people I have opened up to in the past because you get it.

For that I am sorry, but I'm here and ready to listen if you do the same for me.

Hi Allison Jo,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma that you have endured, but AS is a very supportive site. Many of us find it scary in this new, uncertain, but potentially empowering place. I know that I was. There is no fear of judgment or pressure here. It takes great courage to reach out and it's a huge step on a path of healing. I am certain many more steps are to come for your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome Allison Jo! I remember being scared but excited about the possibility of putting the real me out there. It is so liberating to be able to speak freely. I hope you find this place helpful. You're not alone here. 

Welcome Allison Jo  sorry that you were worried about others in group talking about your situation. I understand as friend of mine has told 4 people that I know of so far .

I have found this site invaluable. Especially in the middle of the night.:wave:

Welcome to AS! I'm sorry for the trauma you've experienced.  Take your time look around say as much or as little as you like.  Everyone here are awesome and no judgement here.  Good luck on your healing journey and I apologize for being late.