Kyrenaeneg

Finding a light at the end of this tunnel

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. 

This is my first time doing this and I'm SO excited.  I am an incest rape survivor and I am ready to share my story. I have been in therapy for a year and it's much needed.  The abuse happened from when I was 6 until about 16.  I have held the secret for far too long and I'm ready to interact with people who have been thru the same complications.  

I want to make friends and talk and just be there for one another because going through this alone is hard.  People try to understand but sometimes they just don't get it and they don't get that the reason why I do some things the way I do is because of the abuse I had as a child.  They think it's an excuse but truly it isn't.  It's true and it's valid.  I need someone else to see that. And agree with me on that. 

I hope to find someone or many people who can become friends with me and we can help one another get better and learn different ways to cope with some triggers, or just be the listening understanding ear we all need sometimes! 

I'm sorry for the trauma you've experienced as a child but I'm glad you are getting therapy and that you've found this site. There are a lot of great people and resources to be found here. 

Safe hugs. 

I'm so sorry about what happened with you, and I'm glad you found this site. I joined for the same reason — because I needed to talk with people who understood. You'll find tons of support here.

11 hours ago, Kyrenaeneg said:

Hi everyone. 

This is my first time doing this and I'm SO excited.  I am an incest rape survivor and I am ready to share my story. I have been in therapy for a year and it's much needed.  The abuse happened from when I was 6 until about 16.  I have held the secret for far too long and I'm ready to interact with people who have been thru the same complications.  

I want to make friends and talk and just be there for one another because going through this alone is hard.  People try to understand but sometimes they just don't get it and they don't get that the reason why I do some things the way I do is because of the abuse I had as a child.  They think it's an excuse but truly it isn't.  It's true and it's valid.  I need someone else to see that. And agree with me on that. 

I hope to find someone or many people who can become friends with me and we can help one another get better and learn different ways to cope with some triggers, or just be the listening understanding ear we all need sometimes! 

Hi Kyrenaeneg,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma you endured, but you have found a very supportive site. It is a huge step when you can identify that you need help. It took me 30 years to do so, but happy that I was able to find a place like this. The members do understand and will not expect you to just be ok because it wasn't recently. Everyone heals at their own pace and it is not always a straight line. People who have not been thru such trauma really do not know how greatly it effects us. I do wish you many more forward steps as you go down your healing path.

:notalone:

Mary

Welcome to AS! I am sorry for what you went through as a child but I am happy to hear that you have the support of a T and feel ready to share with people here. It really helps to have people who understand what it's like. 

Hi, Kyrenaeneg, and welcome!  :wave:

:aswelcomesu: :youcanheal: :notalone: :bighug: 

Welcome, I am new also, and already it's been a huge step forward for me.  I've mostly been reading other people's posts, and it's amazing how many of my experiences have been validated by seeing that there are people out there exactly like me.  It's amazing.  I couldn't believe it.  I blamed myself and have struggled with the details of my memories for years, and here I have found that there are people with exactly the same triggers, feelings, sleep disturbances, etc.  I know it won't cure everything, but it meant so much to me to know that.

I wish we never needed to be here, but there are many of us here to help and support each other.