Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

new to this, need a friend.

hello,

im 21 years old and signed up for this because I am in need of support. I am still in a victim mindset and its been over 15 years... i can't go on with schooling and a normal life and be happy with this mindset. 

anyone wanna talk? i don't mind sharing my story in private.

-lost soul 

Welcome to AS @nomadlady1

I'm so sorry for the circumstances that have bought you here, but know you've found an incredibly supportive community who will be with you during your healing journey. I'm 22 and a student too, and I'm always happy to talk.

welcome again

:aswelcomesu:

Hi @nomadlady1, welcome here! I don't always know what to say but I think I'm a pretty good listener (or reader in this case) so feel free to PM me if you ever just want to talk :)

Take care!

10 hours ago, nomadlady1 said:

hello,

im 21 years old and signed up for this because I am in need of support. I am still in a victim mindset and its been over 15 years... i can't go on with schooling and a normal life and be happy with this mindset. 

anyone wanna talk? i don't mind sharing my story in private.

-lost soul 

Hi noma, welcome to AS, I am sorry for the  trauma that you went through 15 years ago. You will find this to be a supportive site, with many understand how you feel. Your mindset can change you can go from being a victim to survivor. You are not alone here.

Patricia

Hi @nomadlady1 I was hurt when I was 6-10 I was also R***** as an adult working through my adult I have been recently remembering stuff that has happened as a child and struggling to keep in a good mindset and trying to move forward. My therapist is helping me to recognize that this was not my fault I was an innocent child and sick men did this to me. You are a survivor even if you don't see yourself that way. It took a lot of courage to come here and ask for support. I am we'll say a few years older than you. Ok almost double your age. But if you want to talk I am here you can feel free to PM me if you like. 

Hello Nomadlady,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you experienced. It was wrong for anyone to hurt you. You will find tons of support here, as our members are understanding and kind. It was a huge step to reach out...a step away from being a victim and a step further down the survivor road. Best wishes on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome to AS, nomadlady. I am sorry for what happened to you when you were little. Hope that you find lots of support here at AS. You are not alone here. 

@nomadlady1 welcome, I am so sorry for the circumstances of why you have come to this site but glad you are reaching for help. I am 20 years old and I could not go on with functioning through every day life, college or any thing like that. I am still struggling with moving forward. I am always here to talk if you need someone to share your story with, talk about your day or just any advice. 

Safe hugs if okay :hug:

@nomadlady1Hi! Welcome. I understand you, I'm 19 and trying to deal with emotional and trauma stuff is so hard when your trying to be a college student. Im always down to talk. so feel free to message me. 

Edited by CurlyQueen

Wow, thanks for all of the replies everyone, it means a lot to me. :) I will get to messaging each and every one of you personally. it would help me to widen my support network and not feel bad about opening up emotionally to other people, and accepting their sympathy. That is something I need to learn to do! Hope you all are doing well!