Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Good afternoon - New to Site

Good afternoon,

So, this is not my first time looking at survivor forums, but it is my first time signing up on one and my first time coming to this particular site. I'm always a bit nervous introducing myself to people, but I'll try to touch on relevant points here.

My name is Morgan, I typically go by Morg to my friends. I am 31 (will be 32 in August), and I identify as a transmasculine, agender, panromantic, demi-pansexual. If you're not sure what one or more of those means please feel free to ask. :) 

I live with my roommate and my cat Wesley upstairs from my QPLP who I am handfasted to. I have been married once, and am currently divorced from my ex-wife.

I enjoy reading, writing (when I have time to sit down and think of something interesting to write), singing, going to the club, watching movies or shows on Netflix, and hanging out with my close friends. I am no longer speaking to most of my family due to my trauma (which I will post more about in a different forum post). 

Um...I can't really think of anything else of interest to talk about, so I guess if anyone has questions for me please let me know and I'll do my best to answer. Otherwise I am just happy to be here and look forward to posting and maybe getting to know some of you.

Blessed Be,
Morg

So many questions about things you've said that interest me, but I don't wanna interrogate you, I daresay we'll get to know each other in time. I also like to sing, I'm told I'm good at it but I think they say that to get me to stop "practising" xD What do you enjoy singing? I've recently discovered Disney musicals and summarily butcher them without exception, singing in entirely the wrong tune and rhythm, but I prefer my way :P

Welcome to the site, I hope you havea productive time here.

Thank you for the welcome! Please feel free to ask me anything, really. I'm an open book and don't mind at all. :) As far as my singing, I generally stick to singing mostly like, Billboard Top 40 hits, whatever plays the most on my local radio station that I listen to a million times during my commute to work. I know the first three Lady Gaga albums by heart, so I sing those with reckless abandon if I have the CD's in my car. I'm also a huge fan of HIM, Apocalyptica, Within Temptation and similar bands. However, it's been tricky re-learning to sing since my voice changed with HRT. Testosterone has dropped my voice a bit over the last year, so I'm trying to learn breath control and where to comfortably sing along to most artists all over again. Lol

Edited by SpiralingAbyss

Within Temptation, golly effing gosh it's been ages since I last listened to them! To the youtubemobile!

I've heightened my vocal range considerably by singing along to Steam Powered Giraffe and Poets of the Fall lol. SPG's Way Into Your Heart and Speed of Light, and Poets of the Fall's Cradled in Love and Daze. Great songs, much fun to belt out in the shower xD

You say you're an open book but I still feel like it's prying, so you don't have to answer, but I'm interested in your experiences transitioning (do I read correctly that you're on HRT to become more masculine?) I have a friend who's FtM trans, currently going through the process of being allowed to start transitioning and stuff. Maybe better for a PM, or if we bump into each other in chat sometime, but for now I just wanted to confirm that's the case and it's ok to ask about it ^_^

hI there and welcome to AS.

Im sorry for what you went through that has brought you to us but glad you reached out and joined.This is a wonderful place of support comfort and validation.I look forward to getting to know you

@limbodante - Yes, I am on HRT to present as more masculine. As someone who identifies as agender, I am not quite looking to present as cis-male, but I definitely am aiming for less feminine (though I am still happy to present that way on occasion). I would be happy to chat with you more about that in PM if it's more comfortable for you. :) I absolutely love Within Temptation. I have seen them in concert twice now, and Sharon den Adel is breathtaking live. I recommend taking in a show if you haven't and ever get the chance.

@reglois - Thank you for the welcome!

@Bluesclues - Thank you for the welcome! I had a hard time getting into Artpop, and I haven't listened to Joanne yet, but my love for mother monster is real!! I just wish her concert tickets were not so expensive, as I would love to see her live.

@Graice - Thank you for the welcome as well! I look forward to getting to know everyone, and I hope that I can maybe finally find some ways to move forward from what happened to me. I have only been away from my abuser for...*thinks*...6 years. Which sounds both impossibly long ago, and not long ago at all considering how long I dealt with the situation. I'm happy to have found this site though, I think I will learn some valuable things here. :)

Hi Morg,

Welcome to AS.  I am sorry for the trauma that you experienced, but as you can see, AS is a very supportive site. It is normal to be a little nervous when you start something (or come someplace) new, but I sense you are already feeling more comfortable? If not, I don't believe it will take long. Reaching out to others that understand is a big step. I wish you many more forward healing steps on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

Hi Mary,

Thank you for the welcome. :) I am definitely glad to have found this site, and I look forward to exploring it more and getting to know people who are here often. Although I have a therapist, she tends to focus on things other than my trauma, so it's sometimes hard to feel like I have the support I need to continue moving forward. My QPLP and close friends are wonderful, but I feel bad always leaning on them for support considering they all have their own trauma and issues to deal with as well. I hope that being on here will help alleviate some of the pressure from them. 

Morg

6 hours ago, SpiralingAbyss said:

Good afternoon,

So, this is not my first time looking at survivor forums, but it is my first time signing up on one and my first time coming to this particular site. I'm always a bit nervous introducing myself to people, but I'll try to touch on relevant points here.

My name is Morgan, I typically go by Morg to my friends. I am 31 (will be 32 in August), and I identify as a transmasculine, agender, panromantic, demi-pansexual. If you're not sure what one or more of those means please feel free to ask. :) 

I live with my roommate and my cat Wesley upstairs from my QPLP who I am handfasted to. I have been married once, and am currently divorced from my ex-wife.

I enjoy reading, writing (when I have time to sit down and think of something interesting to write), singing, going to the club, watching movies or shows on Netflix, and hanging out with my close friends. I am no longer speaking to most of my family due to my trauma (which I will post more about in a different forum post). 

Um...I can't really think of anything else of interest to talk about, so I guess if anyone has questions for me please let me know and I'll do my best to answer. Otherwise I am just happy to be here and look forward to posting and maybe getting to know some of you.

Blessed Be,
Morg

Hi Morg, welcome to AS. ( you see I am counting myself as one of your friends :) ).  You will find this to be a very supportive site. :aswelcomesu:

Patricia

Hi Patricia,

Thank you! I am happy to make new friends, so yay!! :) I am very excited to get to know people here.

Morg

welcome morg... nice to meet you :) it sounds like we have a lot of interests in common... although i am terrible at singing! i compose music instead :) 

Welcome to AS Morg! You sound like a lovely, open and interesting person. I like Lady Gaga, too. Joanne is different but I like it a lot. I love singing to everything I listen to, but am told by my bf that it sounds hilarious when I am wearing headphones haha.

• 2 weeks later...

@Struggling88 Thank you for the welcome. :)

@YutoG I wish that I could compose music, but I don't really understand how to write music. I can write lyrics all day long, but the actual music component is just completely beyond me. Lol

@phoenixxx I need to get a new copy of Artpop and I still need to get Joanne. I have to say I didn't really like "Million Reasons" though. I have a hard time with some of her slower music, and that song I just found to be painfully redundant. :/ 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Morgen. I am Brianna. I am a trans woman. I am on HRT as well. Glad to see another trans person here, even if its not under ideal circumstances. Have you ever heard of Against Me? The lead singer is a trans woman. I actually started questioning my gender because of her. My gf is also genderfluid and demisexual, and my roommate is a trans woman as well. Its so nice having a community of other lgbt people.