Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

"It is so easy to descend into madness, then opening doors and exposing old wounds..."
-Timi 
Afternoon, umm i am so not good at introductions lol. But my name is Timi! :o I am a 22 years old african american chick from Louisiana. Currently a junior in college but opt out this semester to better my mental and physical health. I am a incest and child molestation survivor and finally receive professional help through therapy. Depression, anxiety, paranoia, and Bipolar disorder have been plaguing my life every since i was child. I thought i could live with what happen to me, continue to interact with my abuser.... But after a mental breakdown, i knew i could no longer walk in my own shadows. I been lurking on message boards and with the new found strength i now have, i am ready to share my story. I want to help others who dealt with the same pain i have carried for so long. I would love to hear from others and I WANT TO BE CLEAR: My message box IS ALWAYS OPEN. Even if it is something small, like talking about your day. Always know i am here and willing to listen. 

So follow me through my retelling of my journey, How i transcend through Each Stage to recovery & peace... 

*Please Note-My grammar is horrible and one of the reasons that i have not participate in messageboards more sooner. Please excuse that because it is one of my insecurities

Edited by Exhale_10Stages
age typo
1 hour ago, Exhale_10Stages said:

"It is so easy to descend into madness, then opening doors and exposing old wounds..."
-Timi 
Afternoon, umm i am so not good at introductions lol. But my name is Timi! :o I am a 22 years old african american chick from Louisiana. Currently a junior in college but opt out this semester to better my mental and physical health. I am a incest and child molestation survivor and finally receive professional help through therapy. Depression, anxiety, paranoia, and Bipolar disorder have been plaguing my life every since i was child. I thought i could live with what happen to me, continue to interact with my abuser.... But after a mental breakdown, i knew i could no longer walk in my own shadows. I been lurking on message boards and with the new found strength i now have, i am ready to share my story. I want to help others who dealt with the same pain i have carried for so long. I would love to hear from others and I WANT TO BE CLEAR: My message box IS ALWAYS OPEN. Even if it is something small, like talking about your day. Always know i am here and willing to listen. 

So follow me through my retelling of my journey, How i transcend through Each Stage to recovery & peace... 

*Please Note-My grammar is horrible and one of the reasons that i have not participate in messageboards more sooner. Please excuse that because it is one of my insecurities

Hi Exhale, welcome to AS. I am a incest survivor, plus others things. I have come along way, so much stronger and feel no more shame. This doesn't define who I am.

My grammar is very bad and I leave words, if I read over what I wrote I am so good to myself that I put the words back in and post it with words still missing. The one thing about here is it is not how you wrote something, it is all about you. :aswelcomesu:

Patricia

Hi Exhale and welcome to AS.I am also an incest survivor amongst many other abuses.Im glad you decided to post I know posting can be scarey but your amongst people who get it, people who will support you and people who will validate your experiences and feelings.Your very brave and courageous!!!

4 hours ago, Exhale_10Stages said:

-Timi 

Hi Timi,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma you suffered, but AS is a very supportive site.  You will find many understanding and kind members. We all have struggles and insecurities, so please know that you are among friends and will never be judged. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

1 hour ago, MeBeMary said:

Hi Timi,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma you suffered, but AS is a very supportive site.  You will find many understanding and kind members. We all have struggles and insecurities, so please know that you are among friends and will never be judged. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Thank you so much Ms. Mary. :throb:

Hi Timi

Welcome to AS . I am so sorry you have had such pain and trauma I have not been here long but the site is so helpful and the members kind. glad you are getting professional help , and remember you are a beautiful human being no matter what you have been told.:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::candle: 

in the great scheme of things grammar is not important

Welcome Timi I am a survivor of CSA also amongst many other traumas. I am sorry for what has brought you here. You are so strong and brave. It is always heartbreaking to me when I read that another young life was changed forever by someone that had no right to hurt you. You are not alone there are many of us that understand what you have been through. Remember when you are having a really hard day there will always be someone here to listen you just have to ask.

kris :kitty::kitty::kitty::lindybear:

:tealribbon:  Graham, Gracie, Domino, & Sandie

Welcome to AS, Timi! I am sorry for what happened to you and I am glad that you are getting help from a T and are finding new strength to engage with people who can relate on forums like this one. I really hope it gives you additional strength and comfort in your healing. You sound like a lovely, empathetic person. I look forward to seeing you around the forum. You are not alone here!