Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello I'm new. 

I recently joined AS just last week. I joined because I wanted to be apart of a network of survivors. I won't say it here because this is public. However I will say that my past does not define me cause my past is not today. 

Anyway I have an interest in anime, art, music, and other nerdy interests like my little pony: friendship is magic and Disney. 

I am hoping to make some friends here. Sorry if this is vague but this being an intro post, wanted to keep it S general as possible. Thanks for letting me join this site. 

Hi Coffee, welcome to AS. I am sorry for the  trauma that you have gone through to bring you here. This is a safe place and the best part you are not alone in your journey of healing. You are so right when you say your past doesn't define who you are.

:aswelcomesu:

Patricia

2 hours ago, Coffee Alicorn said:

Hello I'm new. 

I recently joined AS just last week. I joined because I wanted to be apart of a network of survivors. I won't say it here because this is public. However I will say that my past does not define me cause my past is not today. 

Anyway I have an interest in anime, art, music, and other nerdy interests like my little pony: friendship is magic and Disney. 

I am hoping to make some friends here. Sorry if this is vague but this being an intro post, wanted to keep it S general as possible. Thanks for letting me join this site. 

Hi Coffee Alicorn,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry you have experienced something awful to find yourself here, but you will find tons of support. Your intro is perfect for the Welcome forum, you can speak more freely in the private forums. I like your mantra of the past not defining you, as it shouldn't. I wish you the best as you travel down your healing path.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Welcome to AS Coffee! I hope to be at that place where my past doesn't define me some day. You are very strong. I wish you well as you continue to heal.