Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

First Time

Hi, my name is Summer. This site was recently recommended to me, and as soon as I saw it, I had a feeling that it would be helpful in the recovery process. Reading through some conversations has made me realize more than ever I've been looking for support, connections and understanding in all the wrong places. I am amazed and comforted by how encouraging, loving and supportive everyone is. I don't think anyone will understand us better than each other. I haven't found that there is anyone else that understands what I'm going through and how I'm feeling except for those who have been through similar experiences. I'm looking forward to listening (well, reading) and offering support as well as sharing my story with others. 

Hi Summer,

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but everything you say about your impressions of this site is accurate. The members her are supportive and kind and nobody that hasn't experienced what we have truly understands.  I am always happy to hear that we have been recommended by someone to new members. Take and give to the site what you are comfortable with and know you are not alone.  I wish you the best on your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

Hi Summer, I do agree with you that no one can understand as well as someone who has gone through  trauma. I can say that I have shared things here that I have never shared with others. I am glad that you found AS .Looking  forward to talking ( reading) about you.:aswelcomesu:

Patricia

Welcome, Summer. I am glad you have already discovered what a great place this is and how much it helps to be among people who understand what you are going through. I am sorry that you have a reason for being here but look forward to getting to know you and supporting you. 

On 4/22/2017 at 11:46 PM, Summer94 said:

Hi, my name is Summer. This site was recently recommended to me, and as soon as I saw it, I had a feeling that it would be helpful in the recovery process. Reading through some conversations has made me realize more than ever I've been looking for support, connections and understanding in all the wrong places. I am amazed and comforted by how encouraging, loving and supportive everyone is. I don't think anyone will understand us better than each other. I haven't found that there is anyone else that understands what I'm going through and how I'm feeling except for those who have been through similar experiences. I'm looking forward to listening (well, reading) and offering support as well as sharing my story with others. 

Hi Summer, welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma that has brought you to AS. I understand the feeling that someone may not understand what you are going through because the other's situations may only be similar to yours. It is hard to struggle with that. I look at it as we are all victims regardless of what has happened and at some stage of healing, someone has been there. I look at my situation as unique, but it doesn't make my abuse less or worse than anyone elses. Things happen to people that I think are horrible. To some extent, someone has been a victim of that kind of trauma. I'd like to think sharing, helping and letting our voices be heard make a difference in everyone's experience. Safe hugs :hug: if ok.