Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New.

Hi Racheal, welcome to AS. This is a good site and very helpful. It is nice to know you aren't alone in your feelings and have other to understand. Take your time looking over the site.

Hi welcome to After Silence! This site has been like a second home when I need it for six years now. So many people here are very supportive, caring, and helpful. I think I will keep coming back to this site for a very long time (probably as long as this will be online). 

Hope you find what you're looking for. Wishing you the best on your healing journey, the staff here do a wonderful job keeping this a safe place. 

:aswelcomesu:

Wilkommen, bienvenue, velcooooome. AS chat is my online HQ, I'm there more often than not. Helps to hang out with folks who Get It. Nobody here has minimised my experiences or told me "it sucks, but it happens" like one of my ex-friends did. It's pretty neat :3

Hi, RachelM, and welcome!  :wave: AS has been a great site for me. I have learned a lot and been able to share things here that I haven't been able to in real life. I've also found it comforting to know there are people here who know what I'm talking about and can relate (although it sucks they have experienced it too). 

6 hours ago, RachaelM said:

Hello, 

My names Rachael I'm new here. Was wondering how everyone likes this site and has it helped ? 

Hi! I'm fairly new here myself. I've been browsing threads and posting a little here and there getting to know people. I have found the very helpful and comforting. I'm sorry for the trauma that has brought you here. The nice thing about AS is there are so many different victims of trauma, that we relate to each others feelings and struggles. At some level, someone will have been where you are. Many will sit with you even if they have not been through what you have. I think the support and encouragement will empower you to heal. Some journeys last longer than others. The people at AS seem to have been supportive to each other as a community throughout the process no matter how long it takes. Safe hugs :hug: if ok. I hope that when you start looking around the site, you will find the support you are looking for.

Hi Rachael,

Welcome to AS.  I am sorry you have experienced trauma, but you will find this a very supportive site. The members here truly are kind and understanding. It took me a long time to admit the wrong that was done to me, but AS has given me a voice. I never knew what a difference that would make. I also agree with Struggling, as I have learned a great deal from this site. Take a look around the site and I am sure you will see what we mean. I want to wish you the best on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone: 

I'm not really sure how this works. I don't know whether or not I begin here or start a new post or if there's a certain spot you post about things at. 

I've not tried seeking help or coin selling or anything about this. This is my first attempt in well, ten years. If someone could shed some light on how to go about this I would appreciate it greatly. 

I am sorry you are feeling lost here. I felt the same at the start. 

If you want to begin a new topic, you can start a new topic anywhere in the forum where you feel it fits just by going into a section and then pressing the green 'start a new topic' button at the top right.. For example, if you have a concern about therapy, there is a therapy section. You can browse all the different sections by clicking on 'Browse' or 'Forums' at the top of this page on the left.  If you want to talk about the after effects of what you have ben through more general, or you just need some support, 'Aftermath' and 'Gathering Place' are good places to post. They are the ones that are most visited and most used. You can start a topic about almost anything there. If you want to share your story, there is a special section for that which you cannot see until you have posted 10 times (same with the chatroom). You don't have to make your own topic to get 10 posts, just replying to other peoples' posts is fine, too. You may not feel comfortable to start a new topic to start with - I didn't. In that case, just browse the different sections and read other people's posts. If you relate to something, you can always just join in the conversation.  

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the Helpdesk (at the bottom of the forum overview) or post here. Also check out this helpful post for new members: 

and this post explaining some of the abbreviations we use.

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Edited by phoenixxx