Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here

Hi everyone. I am brand new to any type of  group counseling for this kind of a thing. I hope to get to know you all better.

When I was 15, I was SA, and then most sexually experiences after this are a little fuzzy. I am still trying to understand if what happened to me was r*** but I think I was r***** twice, once when I was 18 and then three weeks ago. I struggle with mental illness already and have been in therapy for years (I am super stable right now :)) but I don't want to talk about this, especially if it wasn't what I think it is, with anyone because I am afraid they will think I am dramatic. Anyways, I hope this group helps me answer my questions and I hope to get to support I need right now. 

Thanks everyone for listening!

Hi goddess,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you experienced, but you have found a very supportive site. It is always hard to put into words the ordeal we have been thru, but especially so when the mind tries to "protect" us. It can be very frustrating. It may be more common than you think.  Take your time and look around the site. When you are comfortable talk, share, ask questions, we will be here. I wish you the very best on this healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

There seriously isn't any judgement. Just acceptance. I just joined and I feel pretty comfortable already. I've never felt this comfortable before.  There is no rush, you are doing this for you but we will be here to support and listen and to hold you hand or give you a hug. Take your time. 

5 hours ago, goddessincollege said:

Hi everyone. I am brand new to any type of  group counseling for this kind of a thing. I hope to get to know you all better.

When I was 15, I was SA, and then most sexually experiences after this are a little fuzzy. I am still trying to understand if what happened to me was r*** but I think I was r***** twice, once when I was 18 and then three weeks ago. I struggle with mental illness already and have been in therapy for years (I am super stable right now :)) but I don't want to talk about this, especially if it wasn't what I think it is, with anyone because I am afraid they will think I am dramatic. Anyways, I hope this group helps me answer my questions and I hope to get to support I need right now. 

Safe hugs :hug: ,

welcome to AS. I am sure no one will think your being dramatic, abuse isn't a drama , it's a trauma.

:sadang:

free :butterfly: 

I definitely understand where youre coming from, about worrying about people thinking you're dramatic. Being a very young person, especially with mental illness (im so glad you're doing well right now by the way!) people tend to not take you seriously, whether friends or family or adults who you trust. I experienced a lot of this fear when it happened to me, but i assure you if you find the right people to listen it can be very healing, whether it be with people in your life or here! Hope this helps.

Welcome to AS! Don't be afraid to discuss what happened to you. AS is a safe place. I'm sorry for the trauma that you have gone through that has brought you here. I am fairly new myself. Browse the forums and get comfortable with AS. I think you will find it's a great place to talk things out and get the help you need for your healing. Safe hugs :hug: if ok.

5 hours ago, LookingforSunshine said:

Welcome to AS! Don't be afraid to discuss what happened to you. AS is a safe place. I'm sorry for the trauma that you have gone through that has brought you here. I am fairly new myself. Browse the forums and get comfortable with AS. I think you will find it's a great place to talk things out and get the help you need for your healing. Safe hugs :hug: if ok.

Thank you so much! I appreciate the support!

8 hours ago, kitkat54 said:

I definitely understand where youre coming from, about worrying about people thinking you're dramatic. Being a very young person, especially with mental illness (im so glad you're doing well right now by the way!) people tend to not take you seriously, whether friends or family or adults who you trust. I experienced a lot of this fear when it happened to me, but i assure you if you find the right people to listen it can be very healing, whether it be with people in your life or here! Hope this helps.

Thank you kitkat! I appreciate your support <3

5 hours ago, LookingforSunshine said:

Looking for sunshine, 

Thank you girl! your support is so appreciated!

On 14/04/2017 at 9:33 AM, goddessincollege said:

Hi goddess. Welcome to AS. I am so sorry for what happened to you. I relate a lot to what you said. I had a first bad experience at 15, after that lots of things went wrong in terms of sexual experiences, and it took me a long time to recognise that they were wrong. I am doing therapy now, too, and am slowly progressing, but I still struggle with always worrying that I am overly dramatic, that I made a big deal out of nothing, etc...

This place is really safe and non-judgmental. Everyone's experiences get taken seriously. I hope you feel comfortable here and that you find some relief in sharing with others. You are not alone!