Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello sisters!

Aja

Hello all, I am a survivor like you.  18 years ago a stranger wrecked my world.  It has taken years to get to a better place.  I married a 'safe' man that I was unattracted to, and after 10 years, finally divorced.  I now have a great husband that I am attracted to (!), and a beautiful daughter who is 3 years old. I thought I was OK and finally moving on, and then I was contacted by a detective regarding this old case.  There is now a DNA match.  Justice after all this time?  But now, the legal system takes up the slack.  The prosecution won't take the case, some technicality with the evidence. Who else has been pulled back in by these old kits being looked at finally?  Talk to me!  I feel victimized all over again, and by the system that's supposed to help!!

Hi Aja,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you experienced 18 years ago, but you have found a very supportive site.  Tho I have no experience with the legal system, I know that we have some members who do, and I'm sure you will come across them sooner or later. I am glad tho that you have found a wonderful man and have a beautiful daughter. You deserve happiness. No matter where this legal issue goes, do know you are supported. I wish you the best as you sort thru this.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Hi Aja

im new here too and just wanted to say that I can totally relate to you saying you married a safe man that you were not attracted to. I'm going through that realisation about my own marriage now - 20 years after what happened to me and after an 18 year relationship only now starting to see what I've done and what happened to me. It's helped me to read what you've said and know I'm not alone, as I feel awful to my husband and family that I'm in this situation. So pleased for you that you've found someone you are attracted to and have built a new life with them. 

i'm so sorry that you were moving on and now this has been brought up again in this way. I'm afraid im in the UK so don't understand the us justice system. I hope you find support here and someone is able to help you understand the system.  

Hi Aja, welcome to AS! I'm fairly new to AS as well. I'm sorry for the trauma that has brought you here. There are probably many that have suffered the same fate as you. I have browsed the forums and have read many threads. I think there will be someone that will understand your anguish. As a victim of a different trauma, I can relate to your frustration and pain. I hope you find the help and healing you are seeking. Safe hugs :hug: if ok.

Welcome to AS, Aja. I am sorry for what you had to go through. I can imagine being dragged back into it after all these years must be overwhelming. Hope you find comfort and support here.