Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello AfterSilence, thank you for being here!

I am 32 and my incident happened in November of 2011.  I recently watched '13 Reasons Why' on Netflix and the special where they talk to the cast and crew.  They stated how important it is to talk about your experience, saying that the more you tell your story the less power it has over you.  When I reflected on that, I realized I hadn't really talked much about it.  I started looking for a way to talk about it and found AS, which was so perfect because I felt like I had just shut up or shut down.  I didn't want to burden my family/friends with my experience more than I already had.  Thank you for being here to give me this opportunity from the safety of my home.  I can't begin to express how much I appreciate all the work your teams must do to keep this site available for us. 

Hi Phoenix,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you ave experienced, but you truly have found a supportive site.  I have not seen this show, but I do agree with its theme. It isn't easy to talk about, especially to others who do not truly understand. You will find understanding here. There is never any judgment or pressure. You are free to be who you are and to feel the way you do. I am very happy that you have reached out to us and wish you well on this healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

Hello Pheonix! I'm fairly new here myself. You are right, the more you talk about it, the easier it gets and you can feel that release, that hold the trauma had over you. I'm glad you found AS. The people here are helpful and understanding. As I've browsed the forums, I've seen a lot of compassion and understanding with other trauma victims. I hope this site and talking more to others will help you heal.