PhoenixRising84

Hello AfterSilence, thank you for being here!

9 posts in this topic

I am 32 and my incident happened in November of 2011.  I recently watched '13 Reasons Why' on Netflix and the special where they talk to the cast and crew.  They stated how important it is to talk about your experience, saying that the more you tell your story the less power it has over you.  When I reflected on that, I realized I hadn't really talked much about it.  I started looking for a way to talk about it and found AS, which was so perfect because I felt like I had just shut up or shut down.  I didn't want to burden my family/friends with my experience more than I already had.  Thank you for being here to give me this opportunity from the safety of my home.  I can't begin to express how much I appreciate all the work your teams must do to keep this site available for us. 

Welcome to an amazing community! It is as awesome as this because of the actual human beings within it. I could not agree more about how talking can be so healing. It is so much of a challenge to start the conversation. That does not make it any less important to have. So many of the challenges come months and years after the experience itself. Family and friends can be helpful at times but what makes this place so special is that we all can generally relate to one another. I hope that you take your time to look around and jump right in when ready.

Hi Phoenix,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you ave experienced, but you truly have found a supportive site.  I have not seen this show, but I do agree with its theme. It isn't easy to talk about, especially to others who do not truly understand. You will find understanding here. There is never any judgment or pressure. You are free to be who you are and to feel the way you do. I am very happy that you have reached out to us and wish you well on this healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

Hello Pheonix! I'm fairly new here myself. You are right, the more you talk about it, the easier it gets and you can feel that release, that hold the trauma had over you. I'm glad you found AS. The people here are helpful and understanding. As I've browsed the forums, I've seen a lot of compassion and understanding with other trauma victims. I hope this site and talking more to others will help you heal.

Thank you so much for the warm welcomes and encouragement!  

Hi, PhoenixRising84, and welcome! :wave:

Hello Sam and Struggling! 

Welcome to AS, PhoenixRising. Love your username! ;-) Hope you feel safe and supported enough to talk about it here. It does help.