Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New and Confused

Hi,

Heres another "i'm new" message to add to the collection, but hi i'm new! I'm not completely sure how this sit works entirely but I was directed here by a crisis hotline. I've never blogged or used anything similar to this before so this is a new experience and in some way my last resort for help. I guess we'll see how this goes!

Heres a portion of my favorite poem by Percy Bysshe Shelley that I'd love to share with you all and hopefully it speaks to you as well,

"I am the daughter of Earth and Water, And the nursling of the Sky; I pass through the pores of the ocean and shores; I change, but I cannot die." 

Edited by cliche

Hi cliche,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry that you have experienced trauma, but I am happy that the crisis center referred you to the site. You will find many kind and understanding members. With anything new, I understand it can be a little confusing, but we will help you along as best as we can.  However you decide to use the site will be whatever is comfortable for you. I do wish you the best on your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

Edited by MeBeMary

Hi cliché, welcome to AS. it can be overwhelming at times when you come to something new. You will find this to be a safe place and I am glad you found us.

Patricia

Hi Cliche! Welcome to AS! I'm still new here too. I'm sorry for the trauma you have suffered. That was nice of the crisis hotline to send you here. There are a lot of people help you and support you through the healing process. I've found that the people here are sincere and caring. Regardless of the trauma, everyone understands and will support you all the way. I hope you stay and browse around. I wish you well! Safe hugs :hug: if ok.

@cliche

Hi and welcome to AS!  I'm sorry for the trauma you've experienced!  You're not alone, take your time look around.  Say as much or as little as you like.  Everyone here is very supportive, no judgement here.  Good luck on your healing journey.  :flowers: