Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi Missing happiness, welcome to AS. I am sorry for the  trauma that you have gone through that brought you here. We all have felt uncomfortable when we first came here. It can be overwhelming. You will find this a supportive site and we are here for you. Take your time going over the site.

Patricia

2 hours ago, Missing happiness said:

Hi new here and not real comfortable with this yet...

Hi Missing happiness,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the experience you went thru and find yourself here, but do know this is a very supportive site. Take your time, as there is no time table. Just saying hello and reaching out in this post is a very brave first step. Many more are surely to come, on your time table. I do wish you the very best as you begin this journey of healing.

:supportu: 

Welcome missing happiness. Take your time, it takes a little while to get your head around things. We will be here whenever you want to reach out. 

Welcome to the site. I'm pretty new too and also felt uncomfortable about joining, but I've felt so, so supported here already. I'm sorry for what brought you here, and I hope this community is helpful to you.

On 4/7/2017 at 9:59 AM, Missing happiness said:

Hi new here and not real comfortable with this yet...

Hi Missing Happiness! It takes some time to begin a journey of healing. I hope you'll find your voice and be able to open up. Once you start to talk about it, it gets easier (I think). I too am still looking for that happiness, I call it sunshine. Mine has been a long journey but I'd like to think I'm getting there. This site offers a lot of great support from a lot of great people. I still browse different forums (I'm still new). I find that the posts people have made are sincere and sympathetic to all different kinds of trauma. I hope you find that this site is a great place to start your healing process.

Hi, I just joined. I've been reading the activity on here the past week waiting to be approved, you guys are all so amazing! I'm trying to figure out how to make my own post without replying to someone else's..? I'm on my phone if that helps..?

2 hours ago, Ian37 said:

Welcome, Bluesclues! There always needs to be a start and I'm so happy you found us. It took me quite awhile to be approved also but has been more than worth the wait ever since.

:)

Thank you for the welcome! It has already been worth it! Thank you

2 hours ago, Bluesclues said:

Hi, I just joined. I've been reading the activity on here the past week waiting to be approved, you guys are all so amazing! I'm trying to figure out how to make my own post without replying to someone else's..? I'm on my phone if that helps..?

Hello and welcome to you as well, Bluesclues. I am sorry for the reason that finds you hear, but as you already know, this a very supportive place. I do see you made a post in another forum, so I do know you figured that part out. I wish you the very best on your healing journey.

Mary\

:aswelcomesu: