Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, new here

Hi,

I am new here. I decided I wanted to start talking about some of my experience with other survivors because it's not something I can really discuss with friends and family.

A bit of my background. I was raped when I was 18, I'm now 32. I had/ have a very small support network because my family is neglectful due to my mom having a personality disorder. 

I was alone and silent for a VERY long time. Its only in the last two years or so that I have begun to really face my past. 

All the best

Hi spunhead, welcome to AS. I am sorry about the trauma you have gone through. You find this to be a supportive site and sad to say many know how you feel. We are here to help you in your journey of healing. You are not alone.

Patricia

Thanks, Ian37, I really do want to talk and share, just don't really know how to start. I figure as time goes on ill figure it out. 

7 hours ago, spunhead said:

Hi,

I am new here. I decided I wanted to start talking about some of my experience with other survivors because it's not something I can really discuss with friends and family.

A bit of my background. I was raped when I was 18, I'm now 32. I had/ have a very small support network because my family is neglectful due to my mom having a personality disorder. 

I was alone and silent for a VERY long time. Its only in the last two years or so that I have begun to really face my past. 

All the best

Hey. Welcome. This site has got me through alot in my life at various stages of dealing with it all and regressing and progressing and just trying to figure it all out. I am sure you will find the same solice here. 

5 hours ago, spunhead said:

Thanks, Ian37, I really do want to talk and share, just don't really know how to start. I figure as time goes on ill figure it out. 

Hi spunhead! :wave:

Welcome to AS. :loveas:    You will figure it out.  There's no right or wrong way...just what works for you I would say.  Glad you found us!  This is a good place.

Josie

Hi spunhead,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you experienced, but this is a very supportive site. There are so many understanding and kind members to help you thru. As  @josiel said, there is no right or wrong way and in time you will figure how what is best for you.  It is very brave to face the past and very brave to reach out. I wish you the very best as you continue your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone: 

Welcome! I'm pretty new to the site too, and I joined for the same reason — I don't really have anyone in my day-to-day life who completely understands what happened to me. I'm sorry about what happened to you too, and I hope you find the support you need with this community.

Welcome @spunhead! I'm new here too. It's a great community for support. Like @Painnbroken stated look around and say as much or as little as you like. I'm slowly coming out of my shell. The people here have been very supportive and understanding of each individuals trauma and healing process. I wish you well on your healing.