Heatherr

New to this site

I am a survivor of childhood sexual abuse which started when I was 5 till 13

i was also in a verbally abusive relationship for 22 years

i thought it might be helpful to talk to others who have experienced abuse

Welcome to AS @Heatherr:) 
I am so sorry for the circumstances that have brought you here, but know you have now found an incredibly supportive community who will be there for you and help you along your healing journey.  
:aswelcomesu::bighug:

Hi Heatherr,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry that you have suffered abuse, but you have found a very supportive site with many understanding and kind members. I do know the site is large, so take your time and look around. It isn't easy to reach out, so I commend you on that. I do wish you the best on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi Heather, welcome to AS. I am sorry for the abuse that you went through. I was also abused at a young child. You will find lots of support here.

Patricia

Welcome to the site, Heather! There is no excuse that you were abused as a child and I'm sure that this has had quite an effect on you. I was abused for many years while I was young as well and in general know how much this hurts. So sorry to hear about you being in a verbally abusive relationship as well. Words can be just as hurtful and these stick with me now more than anything else. The most important word you may have posted is that you are a survivor. Please know that you have now found a really supportive community. Getting things out can prove to be so helpful during the journey of trying to heal. Hopefully, you will find a little sense of peace here.

:aswelcomesu: :youcanheal: :notalone: :bighug: if ok

Hi Heather! Welcome to AS! I too am new. @Ian37 summed up most of what I was going to say. 

I've browsed through many forums trying to find my way. I'm still looking for my voice, but I'm slowly breaking out of my shell. The people at AS have been very nice to talk to, and I think that will help you to heal. Safe hugs :hug: if ok.

Welcome! I hope you find AS supportive and helpful on your road to recovery.

Welcome to AS, Heather. I am sorry for all you have been through. Hope you find lots of support here. 

Thank you all for such a warm welcome😊

Hi Heatherr,

Welcome to AS! :aswelcomesu:

This is a good place.

Josie :flowers:

Welcome to AS Heatherr. You are not alone. There are good people here. Sometimes I can feel them with me and it helps me stay in the fight. Hope you can find that here. :flowers::aswelcomesu: 

Thank you ladies☺️