New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

Here Again

I signed up to this survivor site years ago when I was 20 years old. Back then I was just starting my recovery journey AND recovering abuse memories. It was all too much for me and I left the site. I have almost a decade of sporadic recovery behind me now and I'd like to give this site a try again. I'm here to share and listen.

Trigger Warning

My history of childhood abuse started when I was 3 years old, though probably earlier than that as I have perverbal memories. The abuse was physical, sexual, and emotional, committed by multiple family members. The physical and sexual abuse ended when I was 15 years old. The emotional, even financial, abuse ended last year when I went "no contact" with my parents. The last few months have been the most healing.

Hello Eyes Anew,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma you suffered and are now ready to move forward in the healing process. It's never too late. This is a very supportive site and you will find many understanding and kind members. It takes a lot of courage to break away from abuse like you suffered, but I am glad it was something you have been able to do. I wish you the very best as you continue this healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

Hello and welcome back! I'm new here. It's nice to see that people will freely come and go and it's a good place to find help and friends in their recovery efforts. I wish you well on your healing.